News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
"You 'Kin Do It", says Dunkin' Donuts in new multi-million dollar ad campaign
The American coffee and food chain is seeing in 2009 with a bang with the launch of a $100 million ad campaign that will include social marketing in the mix.
Playing on the current hard times being experienced globally, Dunkin' Donuts is launching a mammoth campaign with the theme "You 'Kin Do It". A country already "running on Dunkin'" will be told "you kin' make it through the workday, you kin' shovel out that driveway, you kin' pass that exam, you kin' finish that paperwork" according to the announcement on Monday.
The campaign will run across a multitude of channels including print, TV, radio, outdoor and POS. Online activities will play a major role, including the eponymous Dunkin' Dave who inhabits Twitter.
Dunkin' Dave has already started the buzz on Twitter about the chain's "you 'kin do it" campaign. One small tweet "You 'Kin Do It!"... btw. http://tinyurl.com/8tpggz" links his 3,670 followers on the micro-blogging site to a YouTube video ad. Following Dunkin' Dave's tweets on his Twitter homepage it's obvious word is spreading and followers are asking where they can view the ads online.
I love the way Tweetin' Dunkin' Dave keeps his communications branded by ensuring the use of 'kin whenever the opportunity arises - a great example of simple branding techniques on Twitter.
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...