News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
"You 'Kin Do It", says Dunkin' Donuts in new multi-million dollar ad campaign
The American coffee and food chain is seeing in 2009 with a bang with the launch of a $100 million ad campaign that will include social marketing in the mix.
Playing on the current hard times being experienced globally, Dunkin' Donuts is launching a mammoth campaign with the theme "You 'Kin Do It". A country already "running on Dunkin'" will be told "you kin' make it through the workday, you kin' shovel out that driveway, you kin' pass that exam, you kin' finish that paperwork" according to the announcement on Monday.
The campaign will run across a multitude of channels including print, TV, radio, outdoor and POS. Online activities will play a major role, including the eponymous Dunkin' Dave who inhabits Twitter.
Dunkin' Dave has already started the buzz on Twitter about the chain's "you 'kin do it" campaign. One small tweet "You 'Kin Do It!"... btw. http://tinyurl.com/8tpggz" links his 3,670 followers on the micro-blogging site to a YouTube video ad. Following Dunkin' Dave's tweets on his Twitter homepage it's obvious word is spreading and followers are asking where they can view the ads online.
I love the way Tweetin' Dunkin' Dave keeps his communications branded by ensuring the use of 'kin whenever the opportunity arises - a great example of simple branding techniques on Twitter.
- Study: Ebay, Amazon the most visible search advertisers
- Mobile users are banking on a date
- Eight in ten disappointed shoppers give retailers no chance to fix problem
- Report: BTS spending to increase
- Study: Behavioral data influencing more shoppers
- Report: Data scientists spend bulk of time cleaning up
- Retailers: 3 ways shoppers are gaming you
- Mobile Roundup: 2 solutions in the mobile space to broaden reach
Featured White Papers
- Create Conversations, not Campaigns
Nobody wants to get blasted. Commercial email marketing has evolved out of the traditional direct-mail mindset, which is all about...