News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
"You 'Kin Do It", says Dunkin' Donuts in new multi-million dollar ad campaign
The American coffee and food chain is seeing in 2009 with a bang with the launch of a $100 million ad campaign that will include social marketing in the mix.
Playing on the current hard times being experienced globally, Dunkin' Donuts is launching a mammoth campaign with the theme "You 'Kin Do It". A country already "running on Dunkin'" will be told "you kin' make it through the workday, you kin' shovel out that driveway, you kin' pass that exam, you kin' finish that paperwork" according to the announcement on Monday.
The campaign will run across a multitude of channels including print, TV, radio, outdoor and POS. Online activities will play a major role, including the eponymous Dunkin' Dave who inhabits Twitter.
Dunkin' Dave has already started the buzz on Twitter about the chain's "you 'kin do it" campaign. One small tweet "You 'Kin Do It!"... btw. http://tinyurl.com/8tpggz" links his 3,670 followers on the micro-blogging site to a YouTube video ad. Following Dunkin' Dave's tweets on his Twitter homepage it's obvious word is spreading and followers are asking where they can view the ads online.
I love the way Tweetin' Dunkin' Dave keeps his communications branded by ensuring the use of 'kin whenever the opportunity arises - a great example of simple branding techniques on Twitter.
- Unplug for your health and mental well-being, urges parenting website
- Questionable activity on social media turns consumers away from brands
- Study: Still a disconnect between data, growth
- Expert: How SMBs can be more productive
- Study: Transparency important to CPG buyers
- Report outlines the impact on brands of email fraud
- Millennials losing faith in traditional banks, trust tech firms more
- Report finds 'last mile' issues continue to dismay consumers
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...