News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Despite down economy local marketers look at video
More and more advertising forecasts are filled with doom and gloom through at least the first half of 2009 as the world economy continues to look for a basement. Despite this, local marketers in the US continue to look at online video as a new option in the advertising space. Online video ad service Jivox reports doubling its customer base through Q4 2008.
Further, Jivox reports tripling the number of ad views served through its network and quadrupling its revenue growth.
"While brand advertising overall has suffered in the face of the economic downturn, investment in online video advertising campaigns has never been stronger, as companies look for new, more cost-effective ways to promote their businesses online. Online video has proven itself as a significantly more accountable and cost-effective form of advertising than many traditional forms of advertising," said Diaz Nesamoney, CEO of Jivox.
Why are local marketers turning to online video? Primarily because so many consumers are watching it; whether full programs or user generated clips, consumers continue to look to the Internet and video for entertainment, giving marketers a specific ad category in which to focus.
Video is also quite inexpensive, especially for marketers who are willing to use their own resources. The Jivox platform and many others allow marketers to create their own video ads which makes online video advertising very economical.
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
- Drama, inane ramblings and parents turn teens off Facebook
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...