News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: Over 75% U.S. online population watch video
YouTube continues to dominate in terms of traffic to U.S. online video sites, according to recently released figures from comScore's Video Metrix.
November's figures have been released and it's no big surprise that YouTube remains at the top. Videos on YouTube accounted for 98% of viewing on sites owned by Google, which had a 40% share of videos viewed in November, 2008.
Fox Interactive Media (MySpace) came second, generating just over 439 million video views, a 3.5% market share. The top 5 is completed with Viacom (324 million views), Yahoo (304 million) and Microsoft (296 million).
Overall, more than three-quarters of online Americans (77%) watched online video in November, 2008, with over 146 million unique users watching a total of 12.7 billion videos. The average length of viewed online video content was 3.1 minutes and the average online video viewer watched 273 minutes of video.
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....