News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: Over 75% U.S. online population watch video
YouTube continues to dominate in terms of traffic to U.S. online video sites, according to recently released figures from comScore's Video Metrix.
November's figures have been released and it's no big surprise that YouTube remains at the top. Videos on YouTube accounted for 98% of viewing on sites owned by Google, which had a 40% share of videos viewed in November, 2008.
Fox Interactive Media (MySpace) came second, generating just over 439 million video views, a 3.5% market share. The top 5 is completed with Viacom (324 million views), Yahoo (304 million) and Microsoft (296 million).
Overall, more than three-quarters of online Americans (77%) watched online video in November, 2008, with over 146 million unique users watching a total of 12.7 billion videos. The average length of viewed online video content was 3.1 minutes and the average online video viewer watched 273 minutes of video.
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...