News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: Over 75% U.S. online population watch video
YouTube continues to dominate in terms of traffic to U.S. online video sites, according to recently released figures from comScore's Video Metrix.
November's figures have been released and it's no big surprise that YouTube remains at the top. Videos on YouTube accounted for 98% of viewing on sites owned by Google, which had a 40% share of videos viewed in November, 2008.
Fox Interactive Media (MySpace) came second, generating just over 439 million video views, a 3.5% market share. The top 5 is completed with Viacom (324 million views), Yahoo (304 million) and Microsoft (296 million).
Overall, more than three-quarters of online Americans (77%) watched online video in November, 2008, with over 146 million unique users watching a total of 12.7 billion videos. The average length of viewed online video content was 3.1 minutes and the average online video viewer watched 273 minutes of video.
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...