News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: Over 75% U.S. online population watch video
YouTube continues to dominate in terms of traffic to U.S. online video sites, according to recently released figures from comScore's Video Metrix.
November's figures have been released and it's no big surprise that YouTube remains at the top. Videos on YouTube accounted for 98% of viewing on sites owned by Google, which had a 40% share of videos viewed in November, 2008.
Fox Interactive Media (MySpace) came second, generating just over 439 million video views, a 3.5% market share. The top 5 is completed with Viacom (324 million views), Yahoo (304 million) and Microsoft (296 million).
Overall, more than three-quarters of online Americans (77%) watched online video in November, 2008, with over 146 million unique users watching a total of 12.7 billion videos. The average length of viewed online video content was 3.1 minutes and the average online video viewer watched 273 minutes of video.
- Studies ID how Millennials are connecting
- Black Friday UK predicted to break £1bn in online sales
- Smaato: Spending on mobile web ads soars
- Study: What consumers really want from loyalty programs
- Top 4 Tips to Manage Relationship Between Developers, Marketers
- Android steadily catching up Apple on opens and clicks in E.U.
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
Featured White Papers
- Digital Trends 2015
Download the 2015 Digital Trends report, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to see the trends and tools you need to...