News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: Over 75% U.S. online population watch video
YouTube continues to dominate in terms of traffic to U.S. online video sites, according to recently released figures from comScore's Video Metrix.
November's figures have been released and it's no big surprise that YouTube remains at the top. Videos on YouTube accounted for 98% of viewing on sites owned by Google, which had a 40% share of videos viewed in November, 2008.
Fox Interactive Media (MySpace) came second, generating just over 439 million video views, a 3.5% market share. The top 5 is completed with Viacom (324 million views), Yahoo (304 million) and Microsoft (296 million).
Overall, more than three-quarters of online Americans (77%) watched online video in November, 2008, with over 146 million unique users watching a total of 12.7 billion videos. The average length of viewed online video content was 3.1 minutes and the average online video viewer watched 273 minutes of video.
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...