News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nielsen: Reviews read by 81% of consumers
Online reviews are becoming even more important when it comes to online shopping. According to a new report from Nielsen Online, consumers reviews are ready by 81% of online shopping. Reviews become even more important when you take into account that roughly one-quarter of online shoppers have spent upwards of $500 so far in 2008.
Even more important than reading the reviews is responding to them and 71% of those surveyed said consumers make them 'more comfortable' about buying a product. More than 60% replied that they read more than one review for each purchase. Only 3% are turning to people they know for reviews.
This indicates that it is more important than ever for etailers and manufacturers to include consumer reviews on their websites. By offering this to consumers sellers have instant customer relations because consumers can immediately read other's opinions.
"Consumer reviews are a must-have for online retailers, especially during the holiday season when shoppers are buying for others in categories they're less familiar with," said Ken Cassar, vice president, industry insights, Nielsen Online. "Perhaps more than any other time of year, consumers are looking for outside feedback for guidance."
The report also showed how consumers are using the Internet as a multi-channel research tool. One-third of respondents say they research online to compare pricing at various stores and 28% say they visit websites first to determine if an item is in-stock. Others are looking for the best deals (26%) or to get gift ideas (22%) and 12% are shopping online and picking up in store.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...