News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New branding tool could put marketers on the map
With more consumers utilizing travel and mapping websites, it makes sense for marketers to follow. A new collaboration between the Travel Ad Network (TAN) and Lat49 could make the transition to travel advertising simpler because they offer mapvertising.
Mapvertising geographically and contextually matches marketers ads to maps on a variety of mapping websites. As consumers pan around the map and move to different sections of a city or region, the ads change based on the relevancy.
"We see this as a new performance product for our advertisers and a compelling revenue opportunity for our publishers that goes beyond the banner," said Cree Lawson, Founder and CEO of TAN.
Placing a relevant ad is the first step, but marketers also need to embrace a multi-channel philosophy - which includes social features. Consumers don't just want a cheaper hotel rate or an all-inclusive resort stay. Today's travel shopper wants to know exactly what is offered at Hotel A versus the offerings of Resort B; this means reviews and travelogues. Some are calling this phenomena Travel 2.0, whatever it is called, publishers and advertisers need to invest a bit of time and energy finding or creating reviews and community websites.
- Study: Half of parents frustrated by BTS shopping
- How to be sure SaaS options are right for you
- Intent HQ: Consumers want brands to be honest and transparent about data collection
- Forecast: 250 million smart wearables in use by 2018
- Ad Roundup: Making mobile, social, video simpler
- Report: Retailers' investment in mobile paying off
- Survey: Customer service/support high on brands' focus list
- How indie retailers fit into the online space
Featured White Papers
- Three Converged Media Campaigns Worth Emulating
The old adage, "you get what you pay for" may no longer be true when it comes to traditional paid...