News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New branding tool could put marketers on the map
With more consumers utilizing travel and mapping websites, it makes sense for marketers to follow. A new collaboration between the Travel Ad Network (TAN) and Lat49 could make the transition to travel advertising simpler because they offer mapvertising.
Mapvertising geographically and contextually matches marketers ads to maps on a variety of mapping websites. As consumers pan around the map and move to different sections of a city or region, the ads change based on the relevancy.
"We see this as a new performance product for our advertisers and a compelling revenue opportunity for our publishers that goes beyond the banner," said Cree Lawson, Founder and CEO of TAN.
Placing a relevant ad is the first step, but marketers also need to embrace a multi-channel philosophy - which includes social features. Consumers don't just want a cheaper hotel rate or an all-inclusive resort stay. Today's travel shopper wants to know exactly what is offered at Hotel A versus the offerings of Resort B; this means reviews and travelogues. Some are calling this phenomena Travel 2.0, whatever it is called, publishers and advertisers need to invest a bit of time and energy finding or creating reviews and community websites.
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...