News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New branding tool could put marketers on the map
With more consumers utilizing travel and mapping websites, it makes sense for marketers to follow. A new collaboration between the Travel Ad Network (TAN) and Lat49 could make the transition to travel advertising simpler because they offer mapvertising.
Mapvertising geographically and contextually matches marketers ads to maps on a variety of mapping websites. As consumers pan around the map and move to different sections of a city or region, the ads change based on the relevancy.
"We see this as a new performance product for our advertisers and a compelling revenue opportunity for our publishers that goes beyond the banner," said Cree Lawson, Founder and CEO of TAN.
Placing a relevant ad is the first step, but marketers also need to embrace a multi-channel philosophy - which includes social features. Consumers don't just want a cheaper hotel rate or an all-inclusive resort stay. Today's travel shopper wants to know exactly what is offered at Hotel A versus the offerings of Resort B; this means reviews and travelogues. Some are calling this phenomena Travel 2.0, whatever it is called, publishers and advertisers need to invest a bit of time and energy finding or creating reviews and community websites.
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to increase viewability, deflate fraud
- Expert: The most important social metrics for brands
- Smartphones reach new milestone in U.S.
- 400% rise in alcohol advertising not turning U.S. into country of drunks
- Survey uncovers negative attitudes towards wearable tech
- Survey: A little research goes a long way for salespeople
- Mobile Roundup: Payment options, partnerships announced
- Top 5 tips for overworked SMBs
Featured White Papers