News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New branding tool could put marketers on the map
With more consumers utilizing travel and mapping websites, it makes sense for marketers to follow. A new collaboration between the Travel Ad Network (TAN) and Lat49 could make the transition to travel advertising simpler because they offer mapvertising.
Mapvertising geographically and contextually matches marketers ads to maps on a variety of mapping websites. As consumers pan around the map and move to different sections of a city or region, the ads change based on the relevancy.
"We see this as a new performance product for our advertisers and a compelling revenue opportunity for our publishers that goes beyond the banner," said Cree Lawson, Founder and CEO of TAN.
Placing a relevant ad is the first step, but marketers also need to embrace a multi-channel philosophy - which includes social features. Consumers don't just want a cheaper hotel rate or an all-inclusive resort stay. Today's travel shopper wants to know exactly what is offered at Hotel A versus the offerings of Resort B; this means reviews and travelogues. Some are calling this phenomena Travel 2.0, whatever it is called, publishers and advertisers need to invest a bit of time and energy finding or creating reviews and community websites.
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
- Kahuna: Brands must engage for apps to work
- Research highlights effectiveness of in-app messaging
- Facebook tests 10-second video views and monetization
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...