News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IAB: New initiatives should increase growth
A new string of initiatives from the Interactive Advertising Bureau, launched last week, could help online marketers keep a better grasp on their online campaigns. According to the group, the new listing of best practices and guides will help media buyers streamline how ads are purchased and served as well as create automated platforms to transfer ordering information between agencies and publishers.
"It is time to begin the critical work of adopting these standards and practices across the digital ecosystem and I encourage all stakeholders in the industry to take the necessary steps toward implementation so we can accelerate our trajectory of growth as an industry," said Jeremy Fain, vice president of the IAB.
The new standards include an E-Busiiness Interactive Standards listing; these standards are in betw release currently and include the ability to send ad-buying information from advertising agencys to online publishers and media companies, giving all entities better tracking information.
The next solution, Digital Video Ad Serving Template, is a way to ease the conversation between digital video players and servers.
Finally, there are three new best practices: Interactive Advertising Workflow, Ad Load Perfomrance and Rich Media Ads.
The Rich Media best practices is one of the first sets of best practices to be released for rich media; among the practices suggested is a standardized element for developing and publishing ads so that the correct code for rendering these ads will be automatically inserted by compliant publishers.
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....