News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IAB: New initiatives should increase growth
A new string of initiatives from the Interactive Advertising Bureau, launched last week, could help online marketers keep a better grasp on their online campaigns. According to the group, the new listing of best practices and guides will help media buyers streamline how ads are purchased and served as well as create automated platforms to transfer ordering information between agencies and publishers.
"It is time to begin the critical work of adopting these standards and practices across the digital ecosystem and I encourage all stakeholders in the industry to take the necessary steps toward implementation so we can accelerate our trajectory of growth as an industry," said Jeremy Fain, vice president of the IAB.
The new standards include an E-Busiiness Interactive Standards listing; these standards are in betw release currently and include the ability to send ad-buying information from advertising agencys to online publishers and media companies, giving all entities better tracking information.
The next solution, Digital Video Ad Serving Template, is a way to ease the conversation between digital video players and servers.
Finally, there are three new best practices: Interactive Advertising Workflow, Ad Load Perfomrance and Rich Media Ads.
The Rich Media best practices is one of the first sets of best practices to be released for rich media; among the practices suggested is a standardized element for developing and publishing ads so that the correct code for rendering these ads will be automatically inserted by compliant publishers.
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
- Shoppers don't care for social integration of mobile apps
- 44% of Twitter's 982 million accounts never used
- Report: Travel sites missing the data mark
- Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
- Survey: SMB's need more tax education
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...