News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IAB: New initiatives should increase growth
A new string of initiatives from the Interactive Advertising Bureau, launched last week, could help online marketers keep a better grasp on their online campaigns. According to the group, the new listing of best practices and guides will help media buyers streamline how ads are purchased and served as well as create automated platforms to transfer ordering information between agencies and publishers.
"It is time to begin the critical work of adopting these standards and practices across the digital ecosystem and I encourage all stakeholders in the industry to take the necessary steps toward implementation so we can accelerate our trajectory of growth as an industry," said Jeremy Fain, vice president of the IAB.
The new standards include an E-Busiiness Interactive Standards listing; these standards are in betw release currently and include the ability to send ad-buying information from advertising agencys to online publishers and media companies, giving all entities better tracking information.
The next solution, Digital Video Ad Serving Template, is a way to ease the conversation between digital video players and servers.
Finally, there are three new best practices: Interactive Advertising Workflow, Ad Load Perfomrance and Rich Media Ads.
The Rich Media best practices is one of the first sets of best practices to be released for rich media; among the practices suggested is a standardized element for developing and publishing ads so that the correct code for rendering these ads will be automatically inserted by compliant publishers.
- Expert: Why brands should consider the subscription box
- Retail trends to watch for 2017
- Expert: Tips for a more productive 2017
- Consumers more likely to click on ads featuring user-generated photography
- Personalized offers on mobile drive consumers in-store
- Marketers prioritizing social media for product launches
- Reports: Mobile hot but not everyone is buying
- Ad Roundup: Acquisition, launch to add layers of control
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...