News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IAB: New initiatives should increase growth
A new string of initiatives from the Interactive Advertising Bureau, launched last week, could help online marketers keep a better grasp on their online campaigns. According to the group, the new listing of best practices and guides will help media buyers streamline how ads are purchased and served as well as create automated platforms to transfer ordering information between agencies and publishers.
"It is time to begin the critical work of adopting these standards and practices across the digital ecosystem and I encourage all stakeholders in the industry to take the necessary steps toward implementation so we can accelerate our trajectory of growth as an industry," said Jeremy Fain, vice president of the IAB.
The new standards include an E-Busiiness Interactive Standards listing; these standards are in betw release currently and include the ability to send ad-buying information from advertising agencys to online publishers and media companies, giving all entities better tracking information.
The next solution, Digital Video Ad Serving Template, is a way to ease the conversation between digital video players and servers.
Finally, there are three new best practices: Interactive Advertising Workflow, Ad Load Perfomrance and Rich Media Ads.
The Rich Media best practices is one of the first sets of best practices to be released for rich media; among the practices suggested is a standardized element for developing and publishing ads so that the correct code for rendering these ads will be automatically inserted by compliant publishers.
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
- Reports: Mobile economy flourishing
- Top 3 trends to push marketers ahead in 2015
- Consumers want marketing email based on previous purchases
- Kenshoo highlights rise in Facebook ad spend
- Study: Americans don't understand their health plan
Featured White Papers
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...
- Twitter for Business: Everything You Need to Know
Using Twitter requires a lot more effort than just sharing a link and throwing in a hashtag or two....