News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Surfing Internet makes Aussie men happier than sex
It seems there are many things that make us happy, like petting our pooches or having a drink with friends. Now, surfing the Internet has made its way into the Happiness Index in Australia, especially among men.
Just over half of men said happiness was surfing the Internet, playing online games or visiting social networking sites such as Facebook, compared to just 39 percent of women.
In fact, surfing the Internet makes Australian men happier than sex according to the 2008 Australian Happiness Index which was based on the responses of over 8,500 Australians aged between 18 and 64.
Women also put surfing the Internet in their top ten, although not as high on the list as men. Women preferred reading a good book or petting their dogs.
"Australians are made happy on a week-to-week basis, not by possessions and achievements, but by entertaining experiences and by meaningful interactions with others," said Karen Phillips, managing director of The Leading Edge, the company that compiled the data, via The Sydney Morning Herald.
"This index gives insight into the way we tick, with the results being useful to Australian businesses who want to better communicate with their customers.”
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
- DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
- LinkedIn: 300 million connected, 3 billion to go
- Kenshoo: Paid search continues double-digit yearly growth
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...