News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nielsen: Target power moms for powerful results
Moms are powerful creatures. They feed us, change us and influence all of our decisions as children. New research from The Nielsen Company shows that 'power moms' are even more important, especially to other women. These women are twice as likely to give advice on parenting, household products and beauty.
Marketers trying to reach the ever-important female, 18-35 demographic should tap into these powerful women - many of whom are logging on from home during nap times.
"We're seeing women using online avenues like email, online forums and social networking sites to extend a role they've long held as information seekers and relationship builders," said Chuck Schilling, research director for Nielsen Online. "Moms, in particular, look to the Web to connect with other parents for tips and support, and they aren't afraid of new technologies - this group is 25% more likely than average to author a blog."
So, who are these 'power moms'? They are women between the ages of 25 and 54; and they have at least one child.
'Power moms' are most likely to give advice on parenting/family, non-food household products and beauty/cosmetics products and are loyal to their favorite sites, many of which are kid-friendly. Scholastic.com, BirthdayExpress.com and General Mills websites were the top three most-visited sites by this demographic.
- Ecommerce Roundup: As digital increases, so does fraud
- Survey: Health Lifestyle grabs consumer interest
- Alibaba forms alliance with big brands to fight counterfeiting
- Expert: What marketers need to know about RegTech
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...