News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nielsen: Target power moms for powerful results
Moms are powerful creatures. They feed us, change us and influence all of our decisions as children. New research from The Nielsen Company shows that 'power moms' are even more important, especially to other women. These women are twice as likely to give advice on parenting, household products and beauty.
Marketers trying to reach the ever-important female, 18-35 demographic should tap into these powerful women - many of whom are logging on from home during nap times.
"We're seeing women using online avenues like email, online forums and social networking sites to extend a role they've long held as information seekers and relationship builders," said Chuck Schilling, research director for Nielsen Online. "Moms, in particular, look to the Web to connect with other parents for tips and support, and they aren't afraid of new technologies - this group is 25% more likely than average to author a blog."
So, who are these 'power moms'? They are women between the ages of 25 and 54; and they have at least one child.
'Power moms' are most likely to give advice on parenting/family, non-food household products and beauty/cosmetics products and are loyal to their favorite sites, many of which are kid-friendly. Scholastic.com, BirthdayExpress.com and General Mills websites were the top three most-visited sites by this demographic.
- Expert: Where retailers should focus this holiday season
- Top 3 tips to create stronger video content
- Forecast: Holidays could be a boon to retailers
- 'Password fatigue' drives social login use
- Millennial-led SMBs defining new world order for marketing
- Online payment fraud costing U.S. merchants billions
- Online ad viewability in UK remains below 50%
- Mobile banking logins outpacing desktop
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....