News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nielsen: Target power moms for powerful results
Moms are powerful creatures. They feed us, change us and influence all of our decisions as children. New research from The Nielsen Company shows that 'power moms' are even more important, especially to other women. These women are twice as likely to give advice on parenting, household products and beauty.
Marketers trying to reach the ever-important female, 18-35 demographic should tap into these powerful women - many of whom are logging on from home during nap times.
"We're seeing women using online avenues like email, online forums and social networking sites to extend a role they've long held as information seekers and relationship builders," said Chuck Schilling, research director for Nielsen Online. "Moms, in particular, look to the Web to connect with other parents for tips and support, and they aren't afraid of new technologies - this group is 25% more likely than average to author a blog."
So, who are these 'power moms'? They are women between the ages of 25 and 54; and they have at least one child.
'Power moms' are most likely to give advice on parenting/family, non-food household products and beauty/cosmetics products and are loyal to their favorite sites, many of which are kid-friendly. Scholastic.com, BirthdayExpress.com and General Mills websites were the top three most-visited sites by this demographic.
- Study: Brands must track across devices
- Study: Emojis key for push notifications
- Top 4 tips to implement machine learning
- 'Mobile first' strategy now a must for retailers
- Pace of tech change concerns teens
- Survey finds email pressure for retailers
- Report: Email, mobile key to retail success
- Expert: Data key for financial campaigns
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...