News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nielsen: Target power moms for powerful results
Moms are powerful creatures. They feed us, change us and influence all of our decisions as children. New research from The Nielsen Company shows that 'power moms' are even more important, especially to other women. These women are twice as likely to give advice on parenting, household products and beauty.
Marketers trying to reach the ever-important female, 18-35 demographic should tap into these powerful women - many of whom are logging on from home during nap times.
"We're seeing women using online avenues like email, online forums and social networking sites to extend a role they've long held as information seekers and relationship builders," said Chuck Schilling, research director for Nielsen Online. "Moms, in particular, look to the Web to connect with other parents for tips and support, and they aren't afraid of new technologies - this group is 25% more likely than average to author a blog."
So, who are these 'power moms'? They are women between the ages of 25 and 54; and they have at least one child.
'Power moms' are most likely to give advice on parenting/family, non-food household products and beauty/cosmetics products and are loyal to their favorite sites, many of which are kid-friendly. Scholastic.com, BirthdayExpress.com and General Mills websites were the top three most-visited sites by this demographic.
- Ad Roundup: Email and experience tools
- RichRelevance: Site Search key for shoppers
- How loyalty data can improve the shopper experience
- UK consumers will have 12 billion click-to-call conversations this year
- Consumers to brands: Don't call me maybe
- Brands risk reputation when delivery speeds do not match purchaser expectations
- Ad experience improves but ad blocking still rising
- Research reveals power of user-generated images in reviews
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...