News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore adds distributed web content tracking
comScore is addressing the need for marketers to be able to track the reach of distributed web content by significantly extending their existing Media Metrix service.
The digital research firm has launched 'comScore Extended Web Measurement'. The new service will allow the tracking of distributed web content across third party sites, such as MySpace and Facebook.
Distributed web content, often referred to as applications or widgets, comprises mainly of multimedia content, such as video, music, games or photos which is viewed by Internet users on a site not owned by the content publisher.
According to comScore's recent announcement, examples of the new feature include the ability to track a Slide "FunWall" application appearing on a Facebook profile, a New York Times news widget on LinkedIn, or AOL's Sphere widget appearing on TMZ.com.
"With so much distributed content being leveraged for syndication or advertising delivery, both advertisers and publishers have demonstrated an interest in better understanding the reach of these extended content offerings and the nature of their audiences. comScore Extended Web measurement addresses those needs," said Linda Boland Abraham, comScore executive vice president.
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...