News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore adds distributed web content tracking
comScore is addressing the need for marketers to be able to track the reach of distributed web content by significantly extending their existing Media Metrix service.
The digital research firm has launched 'comScore Extended Web Measurement'. The new service will allow the tracking of distributed web content across third party sites, such as MySpace and Facebook.
Distributed web content, often referred to as applications or widgets, comprises mainly of multimedia content, such as video, music, games or photos which is viewed by Internet users on a site not owned by the content publisher.
According to comScore's recent announcement, examples of the new feature include the ability to track a Slide "FunWall" application appearing on a Facebook profile, a New York Times news widget on LinkedIn, or AOL's Sphere widget appearing on TMZ.com.
"With so much distributed content being leveraged for syndication or advertising delivery, both advertisers and publishers have demonstrated an interest in better understanding the reach of these extended content offerings and the nature of their audiences. comScore Extended Web measurement addresses those needs," said Linda Boland Abraham, comScore executive vice president.
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...