News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Yahoo gives APT an upgrade
Yahoo has upgraded its advertising platform and promises to revolutionize online display advertising making it cheaper and easier for publishers and advertisers.
The new ad system, formerly called AMP and renamed APT after a trademark conflict, is deemed as being the solution to the current complexities of online ad buying. The aim is to simplify ad buying across multiple publishers and increase publisher’s ad revenues through better targeting.
“One of the major benefits of APT from Yahoo is the fact that it is an open system, designed to enable advertisers to reach their audiences in their favorite places across the Web, and publishers to monetize inventory across the broadest possible demand channels,” said Yahoo president Sue Decker.
APT will initially launch with Yahoo’s nearly 800 newspaper consortium partners and is expected to roll out to other publishers, advertisers, agencies and ad networks in the first half of 2009.
Yahoo’s upgrade reflects a trend toward self-serve ad systems. This week has also seen MySpace unveil their own self-serve ad program in an attempt to bring the efficiency of paid search ads to display advertising.
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
- Reports: Consumers want television everywhere
- SMBs: The marketplace is getting tougher
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...