News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Yahoo gives APT an upgrade
Yahoo has upgraded its advertising platform and promises to revolutionize online display advertising making it cheaper and easier for publishers and advertisers.
The new ad system, formerly called AMP and renamed APT after a trademark conflict, is deemed as being the solution to the current complexities of online ad buying. The aim is to simplify ad buying across multiple publishers and increase publisher’s ad revenues through better targeting.
“One of the major benefits of APT from Yahoo is the fact that it is an open system, designed to enable advertisers to reach their audiences in their favorite places across the Web, and publishers to monetize inventory across the broadest possible demand channels,” said Yahoo president Sue Decker.
APT will initially launch with Yahoo’s nearly 800 newspaper consortium partners and is expected to roll out to other publishers, advertisers, agencies and ad networks in the first half of 2009.
Yahoo’s upgrade reflects a trend toward self-serve ad systems. This week has also seen MySpace unveil their own self-serve ad program in an attempt to bring the efficiency of paid search ads to display advertising.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...