News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Yahoo gives APT an upgrade
Yahoo has upgraded its advertising platform and promises to revolutionize online display advertising making it cheaper and easier for publishers and advertisers.
The new ad system, formerly called AMP and renamed APT after a trademark conflict, is deemed as being the solution to the current complexities of online ad buying. The aim is to simplify ad buying across multiple publishers and increase publisher’s ad revenues through better targeting.
“One of the major benefits of APT from Yahoo is the fact that it is an open system, designed to enable advertisers to reach their audiences in their favorite places across the Web, and publishers to monetize inventory across the broadest possible demand channels,” said Yahoo president Sue Decker.
APT will initially launch with Yahoo’s nearly 800 newspaper consortium partners and is expected to roll out to other publishers, advertisers, agencies and ad networks in the first half of 2009.
Yahoo’s upgrade reflects a trend toward self-serve ad systems. This week has also seen MySpace unveil their own self-serve ad program in an attempt to bring the efficiency of paid search ads to display advertising.
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...