News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Yahoo gives APT an upgrade
Yahoo has upgraded its advertising platform and promises to revolutionize online display advertising making it cheaper and easier for publishers and advertisers.
The new ad system, formerly called AMP and renamed APT after a trademark conflict, is deemed as being the solution to the current complexities of online ad buying. The aim is to simplify ad buying across multiple publishers and increase publisher’s ad revenues through better targeting.
“One of the major benefits of APT from Yahoo is the fact that it is an open system, designed to enable advertisers to reach their audiences in their favorite places across the Web, and publishers to monetize inventory across the broadest possible demand channels,” said Yahoo president Sue Decker.
APT will initially launch with Yahoo’s nearly 800 newspaper consortium partners and is expected to roll out to other publishers, advertisers, agencies and ad networks in the first half of 2009.
Yahoo’s upgrade reflects a trend toward self-serve ad systems. This week has also seen MySpace unveil their own self-serve ad program in an attempt to bring the efficiency of paid search ads to display advertising.
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...