News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Half of online travel consumers turn to web 2.0
No longer do online travel consumers turn solely to glossy websites, image galleries and magazine itineraries. These days, more and more travelers are turning to web 2.0 travel community-based destinations.
Half of online travelers see community travel sites such as TripAdvisor and BootsnAll as an important component in their travel decision making process, according to a recent report released by Prophis eResearch.
No longer a “fad”, travel 2.0 has made the travel industry prick up its ears. Real traveler stories and experiences are holding as much weight with consumers as their carefully orchestrated and illustrated travel brochures.
Marketers need to understand the whys and wherefores of travel 2.0 consumer behavior. Most consumers seeking online travel information seek personal accounts and images, preferring them to potentially re-touched accounts with a marketing spin.
They also seek a depth of information and reassurance that is difficult for travel companies to accomplish in static publications but is easy to source in conversation with their peers.
"Travel 2.0 community site users tend to come from households with more income and tend to spend more on personal travel than non-users of travel 2.0 sites who travel", said Stuart Hemerling, Senior Consultant with Prophis Research, via HotelMarketing.com. "That they are an important group to understand for travel marketers can not be overstated".
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...