News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Half of online travel consumers turn to web 2.0
No longer do online travel consumers turn solely to glossy websites, image galleries and magazine itineraries. These days, more and more travelers are turning to web 2.0 travel community-based destinations.
Half of online travelers see community travel sites such as TripAdvisor and BootsnAll as an important component in their travel decision making process, according to a recent report released by Prophis eResearch.
No longer a “fad”, travel 2.0 has made the travel industry prick up its ears. Real traveler stories and experiences are holding as much weight with consumers as their carefully orchestrated and illustrated travel brochures.
Marketers need to understand the whys and wherefores of travel 2.0 consumer behavior. Most consumers seeking online travel information seek personal accounts and images, preferring them to potentially re-touched accounts with a marketing spin.
They also seek a depth of information and reassurance that is difficult for travel companies to accomplish in static publications but is easy to source in conversation with their peers.
"Travel 2.0 community site users tend to come from households with more income and tend to spend more on personal travel than non-users of travel 2.0 sites who travel", said Stuart Hemerling, Senior Consultant with Prophis Research, via HotelMarketing.com. "That they are an important group to understand for travel marketers can not be overstated".
- Why do online shoppers switch between devices between research and purchase?
- Video ad budgets increasingly diversifying beyond pre-roll
- Reports: Mobile, deals important to shoppers
- Expert: How brands can use social data
- Study finds 2/3s purchase via mobile
- Consumers shun search engines for retail sites during product discovery
- Trust holding back sharing economy adoption
- Top tips to improve cash flow
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...