News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Are you CAN-SPAM compliant?
With the new CAN-SPAM provisions could come a high cost for marketers who aren't prepared. If not or if you aren't sure, here are a few quick fixes that will help get your next email preference centers on the straight and narrow.
Marketing Sherpa researchers recently completed a study which found three quick fixes. The first is to insert API (Application Programming Interface) code; this will log users into their preferences center immediately after unsubscribing from the email list.
The second step is to pre-populate the preference center so that some information - like email addresses, for example - were automatically placed for log in. This can also help users make quick changes by clicking a single box to add more emails or newsletters or delete old subscriptions. Also, allow consumers to make changes to their profile easily by adding a "Click Here To Submit Your Changes" button.
Finally, expect quirks in the new system and plan for them. In this study, an opt-out link sent users to an error page. They quickly wrote an apology email, explaining the mistake and letting the consumer know that they were working on a solution. Use a simple subject line like "My Company Email Preferences Link" so that users can tell who sent the email and why.
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...