News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Are you CAN-SPAM compliant?
With the new CAN-SPAM provisions could come a high cost for marketers who aren't prepared. If not or if you aren't sure, here are a few quick fixes that will help get your next email preference centers on the straight and narrow.
Marketing Sherpa researchers recently completed a study which found three quick fixes. The first is to insert API (Application Programming Interface) code; this will log users into their preferences center immediately after unsubscribing from the email list.
The second step is to pre-populate the preference center so that some information - like email addresses, for example - were automatically placed for log in. This can also help users make quick changes by clicking a single box to add more emails or newsletters or delete old subscriptions. Also, allow consumers to make changes to their profile easily by adding a "Click Here To Submit Your Changes" button.
Finally, expect quirks in the new system and plan for them. In this study, an opt-out link sent users to an error page. They quickly wrote an apology email, explaining the mistake and letting the consumer know that they were working on a solution. Use a simple subject line like "My Company Email Preferences Link" so that users can tell who sent the email and why.
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...