News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Almost 70% U.S. adults use social media
The latest Insight Report from MarketTools shows that the frequency of social media visits is rising and this is having a direct impact on purchasing decisions.
Sixty-eight percent of U.S. adults visit blogs, social networks and online communities, according to MarketTools' latest research, and 42% said the frequency of their visits to such sites has risen in the last six months.
A third of those surveyed said they use social media sites to conduct product research and 47% said those sites had a direct impact on their purchasing decision. Over a quarter (26%) changed their minds about a product or service after reading information in social media.
“Our research sheds new light on just how ingrained blogs, communities and social networking sites have become in our daily lives,” said Beth Rounds, SVP of research solutions at MarketTools.
“Insight into what drives consumers to buy, how to tailor content to different demographics, and even how to better engage with target consumers in these increasingly influential online forums, will all have a significant impact on organizations’ success and competitive advantage in the marketplace.”
As per Technorati’s recent “State of the Blogosphere” report, MarketTools’ findings also point to social media as entering the mainstream and being a valuable point of reference for online consumers, as well as an important decision making tool.
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...