News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Almost 70% U.S. adults use social media
The latest Insight Report from MarketTools shows that the frequency of social media visits is rising and this is having a direct impact on purchasing decisions.
Sixty-eight percent of U.S. adults visit blogs, social networks and online communities, according to MarketTools' latest research, and 42% said the frequency of their visits to such sites has risen in the last six months.
A third of those surveyed said they use social media sites to conduct product research and 47% said those sites had a direct impact on their purchasing decision. Over a quarter (26%) changed their minds about a product or service after reading information in social media.
“Our research sheds new light on just how ingrained blogs, communities and social networking sites have become in our daily lives,” said Beth Rounds, SVP of research solutions at MarketTools.
“Insight into what drives consumers to buy, how to tailor content to different demographics, and even how to better engage with target consumers in these increasingly influential online forums, will all have a significant impact on organizations’ success and competitive advantage in the marketplace.”
As per Technorati’s recent “State of the Blogosphere” report, MarketTools’ findings also point to social media as entering the mainstream and being a valuable point of reference for online consumers, as well as an important decision making tool.
- Survey: Online, offline shopping experiences 'merging'
- Message Systems flips email to up engagement
- Marketers beware - research your target market or risk stereotyping
- Google: U.S government user data requests up 250% since 2009
- Survey reveals general reluctance to pay for online content and apps
- Report: Online communities growing in importance
- Survey: Consumers want to share product details with friends
- PageFair: Adblocking Goes Mainstream
Featured White Papers
- Why the Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
Do you want to see why marketers are outsourcing their writing? Read this white paper to learn how external writers...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...
- The Social Hunger: Why Your Audience Feasts on Social Integration
For the past few years, marketers have 'woken up' to consumers who have the power to express their views anytime...
- The 8 Critical Metrics for Measuring App User Engagement
Measuring and optimizing for the right engagement metrics is the key to attaining and keeping users. Whether your business model...