News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Almost 70% U.S. adults use social media
The latest Insight Report from MarketTools shows that the frequency of social media visits is rising and this is having a direct impact on purchasing decisions.
Sixty-eight percent of U.S. adults visit blogs, social networks and online communities, according to MarketTools' latest research, and 42% said the frequency of their visits to such sites has risen in the last six months.
A third of those surveyed said they use social media sites to conduct product research and 47% said those sites had a direct impact on their purchasing decision. Over a quarter (26%) changed their minds about a product or service after reading information in social media.
“Our research sheds new light on just how ingrained blogs, communities and social networking sites have become in our daily lives,” said Beth Rounds, SVP of research solutions at MarketTools.
“Insight into what drives consumers to buy, how to tailor content to different demographics, and even how to better engage with target consumers in these increasingly influential online forums, will all have a significant impact on organizations’ success and competitive advantage in the marketplace.”
As per Technorati’s recent “State of the Blogosphere” report, MarketTools’ findings also point to social media as entering the mainstream and being a valuable point of reference for online consumers, as well as an important decision making tool.
- Imbalanced approach to social means consumers left waiting for response
- Reports show upswing for connected TV, downswing for pay
- Study: Smartphone viewers more likely to click
- How technology can improve the classroom
- Campaign launched to increase awareness of role of ads in funding free online editorial
- Retail Internet of Things spend forecast to reach $2.5 billion by 2020
- Vloggers under-utilized by brand marketers targeting Millennials
- Report: Mobile web use doubles
Featured White Papers
- Why Marketing Should Be Personal
Read our report, Why Marketing Should be Personal, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to learn why 700 marketers ranked personalization...
- Digital Trends 2015
Download the 2015 Digital Trends report, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to see the trends and tools you need to...