News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Almost 70% U.S. adults use social media
The latest Insight Report from MarketTools shows that the frequency of social media visits is rising and this is having a direct impact on purchasing decisions.
Sixty-eight percent of U.S. adults visit blogs, social networks and online communities, according to MarketTools' latest research, and 42% said the frequency of their visits to such sites has risen in the last six months.
A third of those surveyed said they use social media sites to conduct product research and 47% said those sites had a direct impact on their purchasing decision. Over a quarter (26%) changed their minds about a product or service after reading information in social media.
“Our research sheds new light on just how ingrained blogs, communities and social networking sites have become in our daily lives,” said Beth Rounds, SVP of research solutions at MarketTools.
“Insight into what drives consumers to buy, how to tailor content to different demographics, and even how to better engage with target consumers in these increasingly influential online forums, will all have a significant impact on organizations’ success and competitive advantage in the marketplace.”
As per Technorati’s recent “State of the Blogosphere” report, MarketTools’ findings also point to social media as entering the mainstream and being a valuable point of reference for online consumers, as well as an important decision making tool.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...