News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
The Pros and Cons of a Corporate Blog
Today it seems everyone has one. Every day, keyboards clatter as personal and commercial bloggers around the globe add the next installment to their online journals. But are blogs really worth the time and upkeep, and can they do more harm than good?
A corporate blog may project a cool “we’re embracing social media” image, but they are hard work. Plus, if not properly managed and maintained, a blog can turn from cool to catastrophic.
As recently reported by the Washington Post, some bloggers of old have even come to the conclusion that blogging has become a “mudpit” and no longer worth the effort.
If you are considering investing considerable time and effort in developing and running a company blog, you may like to ponder on the following pros and cons.
- Dialogue with consumers
- Regular turnover of content to give consumers reason to return
- Seen to be embracing Web 2.0
- Search engine visibility
- Requires little budget input
- Time consuming activity, keeping content fresh and updated
- Legal minefield, privacy concerns
- Lack of control vs. over-moderation
- Sourcing relevant “voice”/blogger
- Hard to measure ROI
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...