News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
The Pros and Cons of a Corporate Blog
Today it seems everyone has one. Every day, keyboards clatter as personal and commercial bloggers around the globe add the next installment to their online journals. But are blogs really worth the time and upkeep, and can they do more harm than good?
A corporate blog may project a cool “we’re embracing social media” image, but they are hard work. Plus, if not properly managed and maintained, a blog can turn from cool to catastrophic.
As recently reported by the Washington Post, some bloggers of old have even come to the conclusion that blogging has become a “mudpit” and no longer worth the effort.
If you are considering investing considerable time and effort in developing and running a company blog, you may like to ponder on the following pros and cons.
- Dialogue with consumers
- Regular turnover of content to give consumers reason to return
- Seen to be embracing Web 2.0
- Search engine visibility
- Requires little budget input
- Time consuming activity, keeping content fresh and updated
- Legal minefield, privacy concerns
- Lack of control vs. over-moderation
- Sourcing relevant “voice”/blogger
- Hard to measure ROI
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
- Consumers expect shopping experience to be revolutionized by wearable tech
- Highest online parcel volume recorded in October 2015
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
- 3 IT trends to watch in 2016
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...