News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
The Pros and Cons of a Corporate Blog
Today it seems everyone has one. Every day, keyboards clatter as personal and commercial bloggers around the globe add the next installment to their online journals. But are blogs really worth the time and upkeep, and can they do more harm than good?
A corporate blog may project a cool “we’re embracing social media” image, but they are hard work. Plus, if not properly managed and maintained, a blog can turn from cool to catastrophic.
As recently reported by the Washington Post, some bloggers of old have even come to the conclusion that blogging has become a “mudpit” and no longer worth the effort.
If you are considering investing considerable time and effort in developing and running a company blog, you may like to ponder on the following pros and cons.
- Dialogue with consumers
- Regular turnover of content to give consumers reason to return
- Seen to be embracing Web 2.0
- Search engine visibility
- Requires little budget input
- Time consuming activity, keeping content fresh and updated
- Legal minefield, privacy concerns
- Lack of control vs. over-moderation
- Sourcing relevant “voice”/blogger
- Hard to measure ROI
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...