News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
The Pros and Cons of a Corporate Blog
Today it seems everyone has one. Every day, keyboards clatter as personal and commercial bloggers around the globe add the next installment to their online journals. But are blogs really worth the time and upkeep, and can they do more harm than good?
A corporate blog may project a cool “we’re embracing social media” image, but they are hard work. Plus, if not properly managed and maintained, a blog can turn from cool to catastrophic.
As recently reported by the Washington Post, some bloggers of old have even come to the conclusion that blogging has become a “mudpit” and no longer worth the effort.
If you are considering investing considerable time and effort in developing and running a company blog, you may like to ponder on the following pros and cons.
- Dialogue with consumers
- Regular turnover of content to give consumers reason to return
- Seen to be embracing Web 2.0
- Search engine visibility
- Requires little budget input
- Time consuming activity, keeping content fresh and updated
- Legal minefield, privacy concerns
- Lack of control vs. over-moderation
- Sourcing relevant “voice”/blogger
- Hard to measure ROI
- Top tips to improve cash flow
- Study IDs email fatigue
- Top 3 tips to create a strong 2nd party data strategy
- Study: Dark social key to seasonal sharing
- SMB Owners: What you need to know about OT changes
- Report IDs value of Pokemon Go players
- Native ads: Position of disclosure can affect click-through rate
- The state of Internet traffic in Europe
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...