News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Interpublic backs SocialVibe to link social nets with brand
Think the social realm is too large to harness for your brand? Consider a new offering from SocialVibe which allows social network users to endorse different brands. SocialVibe has partnered with Interpublic's Emerging Media Lab for the platform.
The SocialVibe platform allows marketers to offer incentives to consumers on social networks to promote their brands. Now, this isn't payola; the incentives are most often donations to users' favorite causes or charities.. This agreement allows brands to build relationships with consumers in a new way; rather than a consumer just being a fan of a product, consumers are now part of that brand because the brand is now also involved with their favorite causes. In some cases consumers are paid or given swag in exchange for their brand support.
"Charitable donations seem to be the most effective because it allows people to tap into marketing budgets to benefit the causes and charities they want to support," said Joe Marchese, SocialVibe Founder and CEO (via MediaPost).
The possibilities for this kind of marketing are endless, it would seem. Consumers on social networks are there for one reason: to connect with friends to share ideas and concerns. This platform combines all of that into a simple ad because consumers can share their favorite brands while at the same time promoting causes that are near and dear to their hearts.
- H1 2016's most-used and most-downloaded apps
- Gen Z's in-store expectations - the next challenge for retailers
- Brands: Why revenue based loyalty programs are a better draw
- Retail Roundup: Coupons key for all shoppers
- Study: In-game ads pushing engagement
- Expert: Why branded content appeals to consumers
- Reports: M:Comm up, privacy concerns abound
- Expert: What Pokemon Go phenomena means for businesses
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...