News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Interpublic backs SocialVibe to link social nets with brand
Think the social realm is too large to harness for your brand? Consider a new offering from SocialVibe which allows social network users to endorse different brands. SocialVibe has partnered with Interpublic's Emerging Media Lab for the platform.
The SocialVibe platform allows marketers to offer incentives to consumers on social networks to promote their brands. Now, this isn't payola; the incentives are most often donations to users' favorite causes or charities.. This agreement allows brands to build relationships with consumers in a new way; rather than a consumer just being a fan of a product, consumers are now part of that brand because the brand is now also involved with their favorite causes. In some cases consumers are paid or given swag in exchange for their brand support.
"Charitable donations seem to be the most effective because it allows people to tap into marketing budgets to benefit the causes and charities they want to support," said Joe Marchese, SocialVibe Founder and CEO (via MediaPost).
The possibilities for this kind of marketing are endless, it would seem. Consumers on social networks are there for one reason: to connect with friends to share ideas and concerns. This platform combines all of that into a simple ad because consumers can share their favorite brands while at the same time promoting causes that are near and dear to their hearts.
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
- BrightEdge: Brands are missing consumer engagement with content
- Experts weigh in on the death of Flash
- Study finds payment issues top affiliates' complaint list
- Study: Indian mobile use skyrocketing
- How travel brands can stop fraud
- Cart abandonment rates lower for charities than other sectors
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...