News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Interpublic backs SocialVibe to link social nets with brand
Think the social realm is too large to harness for your brand? Consider a new offering from SocialVibe which allows social network users to endorse different brands. SocialVibe has partnered with Interpublic's Emerging Media Lab for the platform.
The SocialVibe platform allows marketers to offer incentives to consumers on social networks to promote their brands. Now, this isn't payola; the incentives are most often donations to users' favorite causes or charities.. This agreement allows brands to build relationships with consumers in a new way; rather than a consumer just being a fan of a product, consumers are now part of that brand because the brand is now also involved with their favorite causes. In some cases consumers are paid or given swag in exchange for their brand support.
"Charitable donations seem to be the most effective because it allows people to tap into marketing budgets to benefit the causes and charities they want to support," said Joe Marchese, SocialVibe Founder and CEO (via MediaPost).
The possibilities for this kind of marketing are endless, it would seem. Consumers on social networks are there for one reason: to connect with friends to share ideas and concerns. This platform combines all of that into a simple ad because consumers can share their favorite brands while at the same time promoting causes that are near and dear to their hearts.
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
Featured White Papers
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...