News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google's search lead extends
Of the almost 12 billion searches performed by Americans in July, Google accounted for just over 7 billion, cementing their lead - if there was ever any doubt - in the search wars. According to comScore's monthly report, Google's search lead bounced up only a few-hundredths of a percentage point.
ComScore found that Google now accounts for nearly 62% of searches with Yahoo a distant second, accounting for just over 20% of searches. Microsoft Sites grew to nearly 9% of the search market and the Ask Network accounted for less than 5% of the search market. Rounding out the top five search positions was AOL with 4.2% of the search market.
How can marketers put this information to use? By knowing what consumers are searching for when they hit those popular search engines. According to Hitwise research, traffic to several popular sectors is brought in via a search engine. For the Health and Medical category, about 45% of traffic is driven from a search query; for the Travel sector about 34% of traffic comes from a search query and for Shopping/Classified sites about 25% of traffic is from search.
Because so many consumers are still finding the content and information they need via search, the marketing platforms are still a very viable form of advertising and can be lucrative. Especially for CPG brands, researchers find that paid search is likely to bring in many more in-market consumers than other forms of advertising.
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...