News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook tests 3 new social ad formats
Has Facebook cracked it? Will their new suite of “Engagement Ads” be the answer to social marketer’s prayers? Eight major advertisers, including Adidas, General Mills-owned Betty Crocker, and DreamWorks Pictures will be testing the first three new Facebook ad formats starting next month.
Reports are out that Facebook has added a set of new social ad formats to further engage users and enable advertisers to tap into the social scene.
The "Engagement Ad" formats are based on three common features of social networking – commenting, becoming a fan and gifting virtual objects.
The comment-style ads allow Facebook members to leave comments on ads, much as they do wall posts. The ad then spreads to that user’s newsfeed and can show a maximum of 4 comments per ad.
Brands can now create virtual gifts that users can share with the gifts-style ad, an activity that is already extremely popular on the site.
Finally, fanatical fans will be able to tell all their friends about what they love by becoming a brand fan and triggering a notification to their entire network.
Jeremiah Owyang, Senior Analyst at Forrester Research, broke the news of Facebook’s new ad formats on his blog, having recently spoken to Tim Kendall, Director of Monetization at Facebook.
“To combat dismal click through rates of traditional advertisements, these features emulate widgets and encourage users to increase member adoption, viral growth, and brand interaction,” summarized Owyang. “Brands will only succeed with these “WidgetAds” if they create content that puts community first, lean on new interactions, integrate with other tools, plan for the long haul, and change how they measure success –traditional internet advertising tactics won’t apply.”
- The most shared video clips depend on region
- Top tax tips that will protect your information
- Report: Millennials spending more time with UGC
- New AdWords format includes detailed consumer opinion data
- Quarter of UK's top finance brands have no mobile website, apps
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....