News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IAB releases revised ad unit and rich media guidelines
It’s time to debrief the production and creative teams – the Interactive Advertising Bureau has released revised ad unit and rich media guidelines.
By standardizing online creative specifications the IAB has been successful in simplifying the ad buying process. The guidelines, which have recently been revised, cover a multitude of ad formats.
“These guidelines expand upon the seminal work begun with the Universal Ad Package and give interactive publishers even more opportunity to provide marketers with innovative solutions that engage consumers,” said Randall Rothenberg, President and CEO of the IAB. “Publisher compliance with the IAB guidelines sends a clear signal to marketers that the industry is continuing to simplify the ad-buying process.”
In a recent announcement the revised guidelines were set out as follows:
- Address minimum guidelines for common ad formats and sizes such as banners and buttons as well as transitional and various over-the-page units such as floating ads, page take-overs and tear-backs;
- Define rich media as separate from basic animated ads by requiring interaction aside from the ability to click-through;
- Cover ads delivered into standard web environments including email and static and dynamic web pages; and
- Update the minimum file sizes of the 2002 Universal Ad Package.
- Retailers can convert 'window shoppers' with real-time analytics
- Mobile use during dining experience researched
- Ad Roundup: Programmatic making strides
- Report: Mobile shoppers do it in bed
- Reports highlight what may, may not work this holiday
- Study: Shoppers don't trust traditional marketing
- Top tips to build buzz from online events
- Early success for Instagram advertising
Featured White Papers
- What should drive email Frequency
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email activity and engagement metrics across four similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email...
- The Design Advantage
Design is more than just an artistic endeavor. It is a philosophy and culture that influences every business decision. Companies...