News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IAB releases revised ad unit and rich media guidelines
It’s time to debrief the production and creative teams – the Interactive Advertising Bureau has released revised ad unit and rich media guidelines.
By standardizing online creative specifications the IAB has been successful in simplifying the ad buying process. The guidelines, which have recently been revised, cover a multitude of ad formats.
“These guidelines expand upon the seminal work begun with the Universal Ad Package and give interactive publishers even more opportunity to provide marketers with innovative solutions that engage consumers,” said Randall Rothenberg, President and CEO of the IAB. “Publisher compliance with the IAB guidelines sends a clear signal to marketers that the industry is continuing to simplify the ad-buying process.”
In a recent announcement the revised guidelines were set out as follows:
- Address minimum guidelines for common ad formats and sizes such as banners and buttons as well as transitional and various over-the-page units such as floating ads, page take-overs and tear-backs;
- Define rich media as separate from basic animated ads by requiring interaction aside from the ability to click-through;
- Cover ads delivered into standard web environments including email and static and dynamic web pages; and
- Update the minimum file sizes of the 2002 Universal Ad Package.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...