News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Yahoo: Goodbye Microsoft, Hello Google
Yahoo has finally given Microsoft the heave-ho and before the phone had a chance to cool has entered into a partnership with arch rival Google.
The non-exclusive search advertising partnership is expected to generate as much as $800 million in annual revenues. It comes hot on the heels of Yahoo’s rejection of Microsoft’s advances earlier this year. Successful testing of their partnership in April seems to have paved the way for Thursday's announcement.
Details of the deal which appears, to all intents and purposes, to simply make Yahoo a reseller of Google ads, include:
- It only covers paid search and contextual ads, algorithmic search is excluded.
- Yahoo will display paid search results from Google, other third parties and Panama ads alongside each other.
- An initial term of four years with an option for Yahoo to extend for a further six years.
- Only applies in the U.S. and Canada.
Commenting on the deal, and after referencing today’s decision about Microsoft, Jerry Yang is reported as saying, “Clearly it is time to move on. We believe this agreement with Google helps us to do so by strengthening our competitive position and generating attractive financial benefits.”
- Consumers prefer human touch for insurance buying, claims
- Study: Digital strategy not properly defined
- Expert: User engagement trumps viewability
- Combining contextual marketing and demographics gives 3D-view of consumer
- Research warns marketers to consider social media followers' diverse network
- Ad Roundup: Tools for content, collaboration
- Leisure travel most popular discretionary spending category in UK
- Ad Roundup: Data, ecommerce tools
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...