News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Yahoo: Goodbye Microsoft, Hello Google
Yahoo has finally given Microsoft the heave-ho and before the phone had a chance to cool has entered into a partnership with arch rival Google.
The non-exclusive search advertising partnership is expected to generate as much as $800 million in annual revenues. It comes hot on the heels of Yahoo’s rejection of Microsoft’s advances earlier this year. Successful testing of their partnership in April seems to have paved the way for Thursday's announcement.
Details of the deal which appears, to all intents and purposes, to simply make Yahoo a reseller of Google ads, include:
- It only covers paid search and contextual ads, algorithmic search is excluded.
- Yahoo will display paid search results from Google, other third parties and Panama ads alongside each other.
- An initial term of four years with an option for Yahoo to extend for a further six years.
- Only applies in the U.S. and Canada.
Commenting on the deal, and after referencing today’s decision about Microsoft, Jerry Yang is reported as saying, “Clearly it is time to move on. We believe this agreement with Google helps us to do so by strengthening our competitive position and generating attractive financial benefits.”
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
- Kahuna: Brands must engage for apps to work
- Research highlights effectiveness of in-app messaging
- Facebook tests 10-second video views and monetization
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...