News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Yahoo: Goodbye Microsoft, Hello Google
Yahoo has finally given Microsoft the heave-ho and before the phone had a chance to cool has entered into a partnership with arch rival Google.
The non-exclusive search advertising partnership is expected to generate as much as $800 million in annual revenues. It comes hot on the heels of Yahoo’s rejection of Microsoft’s advances earlier this year. Successful testing of their partnership in April seems to have paved the way for Thursday's announcement.
Details of the deal which appears, to all intents and purposes, to simply make Yahoo a reseller of Google ads, include:
- It only covers paid search and contextual ads, algorithmic search is excluded.
- Yahoo will display paid search results from Google, other third parties and Panama ads alongside each other.
- An initial term of four years with an option for Yahoo to extend for a further six years.
- Only applies in the U.S. and Canada.
Commenting on the deal, and after referencing today’s decision about Microsoft, Jerry Yang is reported as saying, “Clearly it is time to move on. We believe this agreement with Google helps us to do so by strengthening our competitive position and generating attractive financial benefits.”
- Reports: SMBs overworked but happy
- Study IDs how B2B brands can improve customers' lifecycle
- Shoppers: Tracking is creepy
- Social media's role as a shopping aid rising
- Twitter's top tips for reality TV hashtags
- Less than 1 in 10 hotel reservations made via mobile in 2014
- Millennials want convenient, functional and relevant mobile app experience
- Travel Forecast: European Vacations Coming
Featured White Papers
- The Video Marketing Handbook
Everything you need to build a video marketing strategy. The Video Marketing Handbook covers everything from video production through to...
- Gain Real-time email competitive intelligence with this video
Watch this short webinar today and see for yourself how you can gain access to email competitive data, real-time inbox...