News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Yahoo: Goodbye Microsoft, Hello Google
Yahoo has finally given Microsoft the heave-ho and before the phone had a chance to cool has entered into a partnership with arch rival Google.
The non-exclusive search advertising partnership is expected to generate as much as $800 million in annual revenues. It comes hot on the heels of Yahoo’s rejection of Microsoft’s advances earlier this year. Successful testing of their partnership in April seems to have paved the way for Thursday's announcement.
Details of the deal which appears, to all intents and purposes, to simply make Yahoo a reseller of Google ads, include:
- It only covers paid search and contextual ads, algorithmic search is excluded.
- Yahoo will display paid search results from Google, other third parties and Panama ads alongside each other.
- An initial term of four years with an option for Yahoo to extend for a further six years.
- Only applies in the U.S. and Canada.
Commenting on the deal, and after referencing today’s decision about Microsoft, Jerry Yang is reported as saying, “Clearly it is time to move on. We believe this agreement with Google helps us to do so by strengthening our competitive position and generating attractive financial benefits.”
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...