News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Why local marketers shouldn't count out newspapers
Survey after survey and report after report seem to indicate that the local newspaper is dying. One recent survey indicates, however, that it is too early to count out newspapers - especially for local marketers.
The World Newspaper Conference released the study, performed by DECODE, recently. The study indicates that newspapers still have several chances to reinvent themselves, especially with the younger demographic. Researchers surveyed 3500 15-29 year olds in the US, the Netherlands and Finland; they learned that television is still the demo's choice to obtain news but that these younger consumers are open to local newspapers.
The key finding, it seems, is that 15 - 29 year olds are very interested in news, in being informed and receiving a variety of information on topics. Newspapers, of course, are the best options for detailed information because television news clips are short and with limited "extra" information. The Internet, too, is an option but the report indicates that parents and teachers are helping to turn new readers on to newspapers.
Social networks are helping the cause, too.
Though the trend for newspapers continues to be decreased readership, if newspapers continue going after a younger audience, that could change. Which means local advertisers shouldn't count them out just yet.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...