News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Americans become more interested in coupons
With gas prices raging and no relief in site, more Americans are turning to coupons to help them make ends meet. According to a recent Hitwise report, visits to coupons sites increased by 56% since 2007.
Consumers are searching for specific brand coupons (60%), and are using generic search terms (20%) as well as navigational coupons (19%) to find the best deals. They are also shopping online more to save gas on all those extra trips to the mall or the market; consumers, it seems, are becoming more patient to wait a few days for their purchases in exchange for using less gas.
"Consumers [are] using the Internet to help save money while shopping online and off. Retailers can entice purchases by making discounts available to price-conscious consumers as the cost of living continues to increase,” said Heather Dougherty, research director at Hitwise. “While discretionary income is shrinking for some households, consumers are still shopping online, but making sure that they find the best deals.”
Currently, Coupons.com has the largest share of the market (29%), followed by CouponMountain.com (14%) and Eversave.com (9%). Search engines are driving the majority of traffic (20%) to coupon sites, with most consumers using brand names to find coupon deals.
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...