News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Americans become more interested in coupons
With gas prices raging and no relief in site, more Americans are turning to coupons to help them make ends meet. According to a recent Hitwise report, visits to coupons sites increased by 56% since 2007.
Consumers are searching for specific brand coupons (60%), and are using generic search terms (20%) as well as navigational coupons (19%) to find the best deals. They are also shopping online more to save gas on all those extra trips to the mall or the market; consumers, it seems, are becoming more patient to wait a few days for their purchases in exchange for using less gas.
"Consumers [are] using the Internet to help save money while shopping online and off. Retailers can entice purchases by making discounts available to price-conscious consumers as the cost of living continues to increase,” said Heather Dougherty, research director at Hitwise. “While discretionary income is shrinking for some households, consumers are still shopping online, but making sure that they find the best deals.”
Currently, Coupons.com has the largest share of the market (29%), followed by CouponMountain.com (14%) and Eversave.com (9%). Search engines are driving the majority of traffic (20%) to coupon sites, with most consumers using brand names to find coupon deals.
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
- Retailers: Why you need live online assistance for the 2014 holidays
- Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...