News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Americans become more interested in coupons
With gas prices raging and no relief in site, more Americans are turning to coupons to help them make ends meet. According to a recent Hitwise report, visits to coupons sites increased by 56% since 2007.
Consumers are searching for specific brand coupons (60%), and are using generic search terms (20%) as well as navigational coupons (19%) to find the best deals. They are also shopping online more to save gas on all those extra trips to the mall or the market; consumers, it seems, are becoming more patient to wait a few days for their purchases in exchange for using less gas.
"Consumers [are] using the Internet to help save money while shopping online and off. Retailers can entice purchases by making discounts available to price-conscious consumers as the cost of living continues to increase,” said Heather Dougherty, research director at Hitwise. “While discretionary income is shrinking for some households, consumers are still shopping online, but making sure that they find the best deals.”
Currently, Coupons.com has the largest share of the market (29%), followed by CouponMountain.com (14%) and Eversave.com (9%). Search engines are driving the majority of traffic (20%) to coupon sites, with most consumers using brand names to find coupon deals.
- Expert: Why brands must manage channel data
- Top 4 tips for SMBs to implement mobile strategies
- Top 3 tips to increase your brand's security
- Expert: Where retailers should focus this holiday season
- Top 3 tips to create stronger video content
- Forecast: Holidays could be a boon to retailers
- 'Password fatigue' drives social login use
- Millennial-led SMBs defining new world order for marketing
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....