News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
URLs in print ads drive traffic online
It’s not like you haven’t heard it before – put your URL on print ads and drive visitors to your website. New figures shortly to be released by the Magazine Publishers of America add more weight to that advice.
The Magazine Publishers of America study examined 833 print ads placed in seven magazine titles across a variety of categories. What it found was that including a URL on a print ad in a magazine does indeed drive visitors to that website, in some cases significantly so.
The study investigates which categories benefitted the most from the inclusion of a URL. Travel came out on top with readers 186% more likely to visit the URL promoted.
Other categories include:
Home – 103%
Women’s service – 98%
Fashion – 52%
Men’s – 38%
Financial – 22%
An easy way to track traffic resulting from print ads is to allocate a unique URL, perhaps per campaign or even per publication, the same way in which a campaign code would be used. Recent examples of this include haveityourway.com (Burger King) and neverfollow.com (Audi).
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...