News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
URLs in print ads drive traffic online
It’s not like you haven’t heard it before – put your URL on print ads and drive visitors to your website. New figures shortly to be released by the Magazine Publishers of America add more weight to that advice.
The Magazine Publishers of America study examined 833 print ads placed in seven magazine titles across a variety of categories. What it found was that including a URL on a print ad in a magazine does indeed drive visitors to that website, in some cases significantly so.
The study investigates which categories benefitted the most from the inclusion of a URL. Travel came out on top with readers 186% more likely to visit the URL promoted.
Other categories include:
Home – 103%
Women’s service – 98%
Fashion – 52%
Men’s – 38%
Financial – 22%
An easy way to track traffic resulting from print ads is to allocate a unique URL, perhaps per campaign or even per publication, the same way in which a campaign code would be used. Recent examples of this include haveityourway.com (Burger King) and neverfollow.com (Audi).
- How to use your CTA to drive email conversions
- Expert: How to improve personalization strategy
- How to use payments as a marketing tool
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a new release
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...