News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
URLs in print ads drive traffic online
It’s not like you haven’t heard it before – put your URL on print ads and drive visitors to your website. New figures shortly to be released by the Magazine Publishers of America add more weight to that advice.
The Magazine Publishers of America study examined 833 print ads placed in seven magazine titles across a variety of categories. What it found was that including a URL on a print ad in a magazine does indeed drive visitors to that website, in some cases significantly so.
The study investigates which categories benefitted the most from the inclusion of a URL. Travel came out on top with readers 186% more likely to visit the URL promoted.
Other categories include:
Home – 103%
Women’s service – 98%
Fashion – 52%
Men’s – 38%
Financial – 22%
An easy way to track traffic resulting from print ads is to allocate a unique URL, perhaps per campaign or even per publication, the same way in which a campaign code would be used. Recent examples of this include haveityourway.com (Burger King) and neverfollow.com (Audi).
- Consumer satisfaction with mobile commerce falling
- YouTube wants agencies to learn from their top creators
- Search marketing taking back seat as proving ROI challenging
- Study: Video big influencer for some voters
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships underscore importance of connection
- Study: Digital driving calls to businesses
- Study: Email key for SMB trust
- Studies: Video views increasing
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...