BizReport

RSS feed Get our RSS feed

News by Topic




BizReport : Mobile Marketing : May 08, 2008


JupiterResearch: Why you should go mobile now

According to a recent report from JupiterResearch marketers are taking too long in their addition of mobile platforms. The report indicates that only about 20% of marketers are currently in the mobile space. According to Jupiter, the other 80% of marketers are missing the boat.

by Kristina Knight

jupiterresearch.gifHere is why marketers are holding back: lack of coverage, lack of a consumer-base and lack of measurement services.

Here is why marketers should go ahead and try mobile: experimentation now could save headaches later.

Because more consumers are logging on every day, soon the mobile space will be filled with in-market users seeing mobile ads. If marketers go ahead and begin placing small campaigns in the mobile space, they can work out the kinks of their campaigns with a smaller group of consumers. That way when the larger consumer base is running on mobile the likelihood of having a problem with the campaign is lessened.

Jupiter suggests starting with text messaging ads because text messaging currently has a 51% adoption rate among consumers. Next, they suggest trying mobile banner ads, coupons and mobile video.

Mobile search is another popular choice because there is the ability to do micro-local targeting. Advertisers can target according to zip code, making a local ad an efficient choice for local businesses.






Tags: mobile marketing








Subscribe to BizReport







http://www.bizreport.com/2008/05/jupiterresearch_why_you_should_go_mobile_now.html

 

 

Copyright © 1999- BizReport. All rights reserved.
Republication or redistribution of BizReport content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent.
BizReport shall not be liable for any errors in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.