News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
eDrugSearch combines comparison shopping with social networking
Move over comparison shopping engines which only list different prices for products. eDrugSearch has combined comparison shopping with social networking - and in the process has generated more than $2 million for it's member pharmacies.
Cary Byrd, president and founder of eDrugSearch.com said, "Our visitors know they can trust the quality and service of the pharmacies in our database -- and trust us to deliver lower prices on prescription medications than they can find elsewhere."
Since launching, the site has referred more than 875,000 consumers; the company estimates that their referrals generated nearly $500,000 in revenue in March, 2008. The social aspect is still fairly new to the company and allows users to rate and review drugs and pharmacies in the network. Consumers can also learn about FDA updates, get pricing changes and other health news related to their medical condition. They can also connect with consumers who have similar health problems to gain real-life solutions.
Another perk to the site? Since launching the social platform, time spent on-site has increased and users are purchasing more of their medications through the network of pharmacies.
Comparison search engines are becoming increasingly more popular with consumers, especially health engines. With rising drug costs and a lack of adequate insurance, consumers are desperate to find the medications they need at an affordable price. By offering them on-site search to buy those prescriptions, comparison shopping engines engage the user. This is also a plus for the marketer, whose ads will likely be seen by a more engaged user.
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...