News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
eDrugSearch combines comparison shopping with social networking
Move over comparison shopping engines which only list different prices for products. eDrugSearch has combined comparison shopping with social networking - and in the process has generated more than $2 million for it's member pharmacies.
Cary Byrd, president and founder of eDrugSearch.com said, "Our visitors know they can trust the quality and service of the pharmacies in our database -- and trust us to deliver lower prices on prescription medications than they can find elsewhere."
Since launching, the site has referred more than 875,000 consumers; the company estimates that their referrals generated nearly $500,000 in revenue in March, 2008. The social aspect is still fairly new to the company and allows users to rate and review drugs and pharmacies in the network. Consumers can also learn about FDA updates, get pricing changes and other health news related to their medical condition. They can also connect with consumers who have similar health problems to gain real-life solutions.
Another perk to the site? Since launching the social platform, time spent on-site has increased and users are purchasing more of their medications through the network of pharmacies.
Comparison search engines are becoming increasingly more popular with consumers, especially health engines. With rising drug costs and a lack of adequate insurance, consumers are desperate to find the medications they need at an affordable price. By offering them on-site search to buy those prescriptions, comparison shopping engines engage the user. This is also a plus for the marketer, whose ads will likely be seen by a more engaged user.
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...