News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Gamer demographic complex
If, when your goal is to target gamers, you direct your creative department toward an audience of teenage boys on a diet of takeaway pizza, caffeine and lacking a life away from their computer screen, think again.
Computer and video gamers come in all shapes and sizes, according to new statistics released by the Entertainment Software Association. Not only has the stereotypical gamer grown up, but the girls are in on the action, too.
For instance, did you know?
- The average age of a gamer is currently 33 years old.
- The average number of years an adult gamer has been playing is 12.
- 53% of adult gamers expect to play as much as, or more than they do now, in a decade’s time.
- 69% of heads of households in the U.S. play computer and video games.
- Men play games for slightly longer than women over the course of a week, with 7.6 hours and 7.4 hours respectively.
- Of the most frequent gamers, 44% play games online.
- 58% of online game players are male, 42% female.
It also appears that gamers aren’t as glued to the screen as expected. Over three-quarters of gamers surveyed said they spent an average of 20 hours a month playing sport or exercising.
Reading newspapers and books is a regular activity for 93% of gamers and half get creative through writing, playing a musical instrument or art.
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
- Ad Roundup: Analysis basis for releases, expansions
- Half of UK charities have no digital strategy
- Trends to watch for video in 2017
- 78% of over-55s uncomfortable with concept of stores run by robots
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...