News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Itsmy.com reaches the million-user mark
The mobile social space is filling up face and advertisers need to take notice. According to company data from itsmy.com, the mobile social network has signed its one-millionth user to the ad-supported platform.
For marketers this is a big milestone because of the sheer number of consumers signed up to the mobile social network. It is also interesting to note that itsmy.com has determined there are two types of users, both of which are active in different ways. The first user is the uploader. This consumer has a full profile and creates their own content to distribute to other users. The second user is the downloader, which surfs for fresh content and watches mobile television.
Sabine Irrgang, COO Gofresh said, "Our users get 24/7 entertainment with an advanced networking aspect. Everybody can make his personal choice – heavy communication or creation of the coolest personal homepage or uploading favourite videos."
About 80% of the users on itsmy.com, which gives users their own mobile domain (theirname.itsmy.com) from which to share content and connect with friends, are from the US and Europe. In the US, the highest populations of users are in Texas and California. In Europe, the highest populations of users are located in the UK, Ireland and Spain.
Tags: mobile social marketing
- IAB report shows increasing commitment to digital video advertising
- Financial services industry reward programs falling short of consumer expectations
- Mixing work with personal life causes guilt among Generation Mobile
- Surveys point to what Mom wants
- Study: Facebook key for ecommerce
- Ad Roundup: More formats, reporting available to brands
- What drives reward program spending
- Forecast: Local media to slide mobile
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...