News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: Search pushes auto insurance quotes
Auto insurers should pay special attention to their paid search campaigns. And, if they aren't running with paid search this may be the time to get involved. According to a new study from comScore, auto insurance quotes referred by search queries increased more than 35% in 2007.
There were nearly 9 million search-referred auto insurance quotes made in 2007. With search accounting for more than one-quarter of all quotes, it seems that paid search is more important than ever for auto insurance providers. The overall growth for online auto insurance queries increased only 15%.
What is most interesting, however, is that branded terms didn't result in more completed quote applications. Generic paid search terms performed much better, accounting for 33% of completed quote forms while branded paid terms accounted for only 19%. In the organic category, generic also led (22%) over branded (11%).
Kevin Levitt, comScore vice president said, “With cost-per-clicks rising, especially for the most competitive generic terms, search marketers need tactical competitive intelligence to optimize their search spending.”
It seems that consumers aren't searching spontaneously. According to the report, after seeing an insurance advertisement consumers were most likely to visit the website listed (26%) or were likely to search for company information (22%).
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...