News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: Search pushes auto insurance quotes
Auto insurers should pay special attention to their paid search campaigns. And, if they aren't running with paid search this may be the time to get involved. According to a new study from comScore, auto insurance quotes referred by search queries increased more than 35% in 2007.
There were nearly 9 million search-referred auto insurance quotes made in 2007. With search accounting for more than one-quarter of all quotes, it seems that paid search is more important than ever for auto insurance providers. The overall growth for online auto insurance queries increased only 15%.
What is most interesting, however, is that branded terms didn't result in more completed quote applications. Generic paid search terms performed much better, accounting for 33% of completed quote forms while branded paid terms accounted for only 19%. In the organic category, generic also led (22%) over branded (11%).
Kevin Levitt, comScore vice president said, “With cost-per-clicks rising, especially for the most competitive generic terms, search marketers need tactical competitive intelligence to optimize their search spending.”
It seems that consumers aren't searching spontaneously. According to the report, after seeing an insurance advertisement consumers were most likely to visit the website listed (26%) or were likely to search for company information (22%).
- Netflix dominates U.S. peak Internet traffic
- Omni-channel shopping putting pressure on stores to raise shopper engagement
- Big spending forecast for UK Black Friday
- Travel study reveals extent of travelers' frustration with poorly performing apps, websites
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...