News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Collective Media: Niche ad networks may fare better
Advertising networks aren't going anywhere. Especially if the ad network is narrowly targeting for a niche audience. According to the recent 2008 Ad Network Survey 60% of marketers will utilize an ad network in 2008 compared to 40% in 2007.
The survey found that marketers are using ad networks for both brand advertising and for direct marketing initiatives. Inventory quality and site transparency are important aspects in choosing the right network according to the survey.
"The conventional thinking is that ad networks are for direct marketing only," said Joe Apprendi, CEO of Collective Media. "I think this study has shown that's not the case anymore for a growing segment of the market."
Despite some warnings from brands who say ad networks de-value their brand because of the placement of ads and the low-quality of inventory supplied by some networks, marketers continue to flock to networks.
There are problems to be worked out, however. The survey found that 62% of marketers feel there are too many advertising networks; about three-quarters of marketers work with only one or two networks during the course of a campaign.
According to a report from JP Morgan and comScore, $3 billion is expected to be spent through advertising networks. About $2 billion of that spend is expected to come from US marketers.
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
- Reports show what worked and didn't over Thanksgiving
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...