News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Collective Media: Niche ad networks may fare better
Advertising networks aren't going anywhere. Especially if the ad network is narrowly targeting for a niche audience. According to the recent 2008 Ad Network Survey 60% of marketers will utilize an ad network in 2008 compared to 40% in 2007.
The survey found that marketers are using ad networks for both brand advertising and for direct marketing initiatives. Inventory quality and site transparency are important aspects in choosing the right network according to the survey.
"The conventional thinking is that ad networks are for direct marketing only," said Joe Apprendi, CEO of Collective Media. "I think this study has shown that's not the case anymore for a growing segment of the market."
Despite some warnings from brands who say ad networks de-value their brand because of the placement of ads and the low-quality of inventory supplied by some networks, marketers continue to flock to networks.
There are problems to be worked out, however. The survey found that 62% of marketers feel there are too many advertising networks; about three-quarters of marketers work with only one or two networks during the course of a campaign.
According to a report from JP Morgan and comScore, $3 billion is expected to be spent through advertising networks. About $2 billion of that spend is expected to come from US marketers.
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More money to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...