News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ChaCha enables voice-based mobile search
Forget about trying to compete in the super competitive search engine wars. One so-called "alternative" search engine is refocusing their efforts on the mobile web in an effort to gain a surer foothold in the market. Part of the change has been to enable voice-based mobile search. The voice-based model allows consumers to ask questions as if they were speaking to a friend. The questions are answers a few minutes later via text message.
Consumers can ask anything - from questions about directions or business locations to finding out how many points their favorite stock is up or down.
ChaCha CEO Scott A. Jones said, “Desktop search engines have attempted to enter the mobile market by forcing users to enter a restricted query with their thumbs on a tiny keypad in a specific way, which causes most people to find other ways of meeting their information needs, such as calling a friend or waiting until they get to a computer, or, worse yet, making less-informed decisions. Using ChaCha is like having thousands of informed friends available by phone to help answer your questions 24 hours a day.”
ChaCha launched a text-based mobile search program earlier this year; in February the company was named the Number One Alternative Search Engine by ReadWriteWeb.
- Forecast: More to invest in multi-screen ads
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
Featured White Papers
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...