News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Shoppers want better online support
Customer service doesn't count only in brick-and-mortar stores. According to a recent study from Inquira and ServiceXRG suggests that online customer service is failing many consumers and nearly half of consumers feel the information provided by most company website is not adequate.
Nearly three-quarters of the consumers surveyed for the report said they click through to company websites to get more product information. However, only about 44% felt that the product information provided was what they were looking for.
Why is this?
The reason seems to be the interfaces most companies are using online. Less than 40% of companies surveyed said they had an advanced search function for consumers to use. Businesses are also not providing online support. According to the study less than 20% of companies said they offered some type of customer service - like live chat - for consumers to receive specific answers.
The good news is that companies are taking notes of what consumers want. More than 30% of the companies surveyed said they plan to increase the search functions available online and more than 90% said content enhancements were among the first improvements to be made to their online hubs.
Mike Murphy, CEO of InQuira said, "The results of ServiceXRG's study reinforce our philosophy that a good customer experience boils down to the basics – providing quality information and easy-to-use, intuitive tools to help consumers access it."
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...