News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
PowerReviews: Consumers seek 4 reviews before buying
A new study suggests that consumer reviews may be even more important to in-market consumers. Researchers at PowerReviews have found that consumers seek out an average of four consumer reviews prior to buying a product.
The study was commissioned by PowerReviews and conducted by the e-tailing group.
Nearly 60% of merchants who responded to the survey said adding reviews enhanced the customer experience on-site. They noted that experience is the most important factor for a good shopping experience.
About 80% of merchants say the product page is the most important for product reviews. The website's home page, usually thought to be most important, was found to be more important than the product page only about 37% of the time.
Meanwhile, customer service seems to have fallen by the wayside. Many merchants are reporting that consumers aren't as concerned about service because the consumer reviews are answering their questions before they buy a product. Because the reviews are posted by other consumers and are seen to be transparent, consumers have shown an increased trust in etailers who use product reviews on-site.
Finally, many merchants have noted that the number of positive reviews has been a welcome surprise. Many merchants, when making the decision to use consumer reviews, were nervous that the reviews would be negative. It seems that consumers, though, are more interested in reporting the good parts of their shopping experiences.
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...