News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Australians socialize, Americans shop
An international study into the habits of Internet users has thrown up some interesting comparisons between Australians, Britons and Americans.
Recent research from Hitwise has found Australian Internet users are more likely to be involved in social networking and informing themselves than taking the wallet for a walk. Meanwhile, in the U.K. and the U.S., online shopping came in above social networking.
During the week ending February 9, 2008, just 5.93% of all online visits by Australians were to shopping sites whereas in the U.S. and Britain that figure rose to 9.54% and 9.61 percent respectively.
Instead of shopping, it would seem Australians prefer to socialize, with MySpace and Facebook being the fourth and seventh most popular websites in the country. Eight percent of all online visits by Australians are spent on a social networking site, almost double the U.S. figure of 3.97% and higher than the U.K.’s 4.63%.
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...