News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Wizzard offers dynamic insertion for podcast ads
A new offering from Wizzard Media could have more advertisers taking the podcast seriously. This week the podcast advertising and content aggregator launched a new tool which will dynamically insert ads according to the content of audio and video podcasts.
The ads are placed organically within the actual content of the podcast which is a change from the pre- and post-roll ads offered in the past.
Though podcasts are still a relatively new form of content, forward thinking marketers have already begun to advertise within or to sponsor podcasts with heavy traffic. Giving advertisers the ability to use dynamic ad insertion will likely continue to open this new marketplace as more companies look at the growing marketplace.
In addition to the new insertion offering, Wizzard is unveiling a new keyword ad feature which enables ad placement beside content specific to keywords chosen by the marketer. Though these new offerings will make podcast advertising easier for marketers, Wizzard says they publishers and content creators will still have control of the end product.
"We're giving [publishers/creators] a lot of control," said Chris Spencer, president-CEO of Wizzard (via MediaPost). "You have to work with how the advertisers want it, but at the same time, you have to work with the podcasters. They want to maintain a lot of control, because they work hard to grow their audiences."
- Top 3 tips for a more earth friendly marketing campaign
- Local Brands: Why SEO needs an upgrade
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
- Why the press release is (still) not dead
- Expert: Why B2Bers need social
- Is your branded content memorable?
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...