News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Online props up newspaper ad revenues
The struggling newspaper industry has finally received some good news, according to recently released data from the Newspaper Association of America and Nielsen Online.
Print advertising is under pressure and the U.S. newspaper industry is increasingly reliant upon the Internet to bring in advertising revenues.
With that in mind, many will sigh with relief this week as NAA/Nielsen Online report record numbers of visitors to U.S. online newspaper websites. The number of unique visitors increased 6 percent to around 60 million per month in 2007.
"Newspapers' expanding print and digital portfolio offers value to advertisers by providing a targeted, comprehensive menu of choices for today's discriminating consumer," said NAA President and CEO John F. Sturm. "As our industry's transition accelerates, it is clear consumers recognize newspapers as their trusted source of information in an increasingly digital environment."
A couple of innovative newspapers in the U.S. have even placed trailers on YouTube for major investigative reports to attract more readers.
While online revenues rose 21 percent to $773 million, print ad revenues decreased 9 percent to $10.1 billion. In Q3 2007, total newspaper ad revenues fell 7.4 percent.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...