News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
MIVA launches ALOT toolbar
A new toolbar from MIVA could help websites increase traffic and help advertisers increase revenue. Called ALOT, the toolbar, created by direct marketing services provider MIVA, adds interactive elements to websites and web properties, search and start pages.
"We're delighted with the early results we've had," said Rob Roe, SVP/General Manager, MIVA Direct. "Since our soft launch in September in the US market we now have over 630,000 active ALOT Toolbar users."
In addition to the toolbar interface, ALOT offers widgets which can be contextually targeted according to the content on a website. The widgets can be branded; one such widget is from eBay and streams the most-searched terms on the auction website. Widgets can be created for nearly any kind of content and can stream information from RSS feeds, Newswires and other online content sources.
To ensure privacy, the interface requires users to give consent before downloading the toolbar or widgets; there is also a simple uninstall so that users can revert to other toolbars if the ALOT toolbar doesn't meet their needs.
"The ALOT brand has been created with relevancy, ease of use and transparency for the user in mind," said Roe. "The entire user experience is paramount to us - we want ALOT to become synonymous with the phrase 'making information easy'."
Google, eMusic and NetVibes will offer content through the toolbar and widget interfaces.
Tags: advertising trends
- Top 3 tips for a more earth friendly marketing campaign
- Local Brands: Why SEO needs an upgrade
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
- Why the press release is (still) not dead
- Expert: Why B2Bers need social
- Is your branded content memorable?
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...