News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jupiter: Email marketing spend to increase 75%
Email may not be a huge buzzword any longer, what with social networks, user-generated content and online video. But that doesn't mean email is dead. According to a recent Jupiter Research report email marketing is set to grow 75% by 2012, to reach $2.1 billion.
The US Email Marketing Forecast: 2007 - 2012 predicts that email marketers spent $1.2 billion in 2007.
"E-mail service providers have done a solid job of standardizing feedback loops with Internet service providers and are continuing to make needed improvements in e-mail delivery," said David Daniels, Vice President and Research Director at JupiterResearch. "This will create better opportunities for e-mail marketing, although marketers will have to work harder to remain relevant in their communications with their intended audiences.
This forecasted increase is a testament to the changes email marketers have made in the past few months. More email marketers are keeping better tabs on responding and unresponding email accounts, they are keeping their unsubscription lists clean and are contacting users with a welcome-type message before any marketing emails are sent.
By keeping up better communication skills, marketers are creating a relationship with consumers, who are looking forward to learning about special offers, sales and discounts.
While marketers are sending out more email communications, so will spammers. Spam messages are expected to increase, however, the number of spam messages actually reaching consumer inboxes will not increase.
Tags: email marketing
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...