News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jupiter: Email marketing spend to increase 75%
Email may not be a huge buzzword any longer, what with social networks, user-generated content and online video. But that doesn't mean email is dead. According to a recent Jupiter Research report email marketing is set to grow 75% by 2012, to reach $2.1 billion.
The US Email Marketing Forecast: 2007 - 2012 predicts that email marketers spent $1.2 billion in 2007.
"E-mail service providers have done a solid job of standardizing feedback loops with Internet service providers and are continuing to make needed improvements in e-mail delivery," said David Daniels, Vice President and Research Director at JupiterResearch. "This will create better opportunities for e-mail marketing, although marketers will have to work harder to remain relevant in their communications with their intended audiences.
This forecasted increase is a testament to the changes email marketers have made in the past few months. More email marketers are keeping better tabs on responding and unresponding email accounts, they are keeping their unsubscription lists clean and are contacting users with a welcome-type message before any marketing emails are sent.
By keeping up better communication skills, marketers are creating a relationship with consumers, who are looking forward to learning about special offers, sales and discounts.
While marketers are sending out more email communications, so will spammers. Spam messages are expected to increase, however, the number of spam messages actually reaching consumer inboxes will not increase.
Tags: email marketing
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
- DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
- LinkedIn: 300 million connected, 3 billion to go
- Kenshoo: Paid search continues double-digit yearly growth
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...