News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jupiter: Email marketing spend to increase 75%
Email may not be a huge buzzword any longer, what with social networks, user-generated content and online video. But that doesn't mean email is dead. According to a recent Jupiter Research report email marketing is set to grow 75% by 2012, to reach $2.1 billion.
The US Email Marketing Forecast: 2007 - 2012 predicts that email marketers spent $1.2 billion in 2007.
"E-mail service providers have done a solid job of standardizing feedback loops with Internet service providers and are continuing to make needed improvements in e-mail delivery," said David Daniels, Vice President and Research Director at JupiterResearch. "This will create better opportunities for e-mail marketing, although marketers will have to work harder to remain relevant in their communications with their intended audiences.
This forecasted increase is a testament to the changes email marketers have made in the past few months. More email marketers are keeping better tabs on responding and unresponding email accounts, they are keeping their unsubscription lists clean and are contacting users with a welcome-type message before any marketing emails are sent.
By keeping up better communication skills, marketers are creating a relationship with consumers, who are looking forward to learning about special offers, sales and discounts.
While marketers are sending out more email communications, so will spammers. Spam messages are expected to increase, however, the number of spam messages actually reaching consumer inboxes will not increase.
Tags: email marketing
- Top 3 tips to create lasting brand buzz
- Expert warns bitcoin has drawbacks for SMBs
- Twitter testing click-to-call
- The most shared video clips depend on region
- Top tax tips that will protect your information
- Report: Millennials spending more time with UGC
- New AdWords format includes detailed consumer opinion data
- Quarter of UK's top finance brands have no mobile website, apps
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....