News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jupiter: Email marketing spend to increase 75%
Email may not be a huge buzzword any longer, what with social networks, user-generated content and online video. But that doesn't mean email is dead. According to a recent Jupiter Research report email marketing is set to grow 75% by 2012, to reach $2.1 billion.
The US Email Marketing Forecast: 2007 - 2012 predicts that email marketers spent $1.2 billion in 2007.
"E-mail service providers have done a solid job of standardizing feedback loops with Internet service providers and are continuing to make needed improvements in e-mail delivery," said David Daniels, Vice President and Research Director at JupiterResearch. "This will create better opportunities for e-mail marketing, although marketers will have to work harder to remain relevant in their communications with their intended audiences.
This forecasted increase is a testament to the changes email marketers have made in the past few months. More email marketers are keeping better tabs on responding and unresponding email accounts, they are keeping their unsubscription lists clean and are contacting users with a welcome-type message before any marketing emails are sent.
By keeping up better communication skills, marketers are creating a relationship with consumers, who are looking forward to learning about special offers, sales and discounts.
While marketers are sending out more email communications, so will spammers. Spam messages are expected to increase, however, the number of spam messages actually reaching consumer inboxes will not increase.
Tags: email marketing
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...