News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jupiter: Email marketing spend to increase 75%
Email may not be a huge buzzword any longer, what with social networks, user-generated content and online video. But that doesn't mean email is dead. According to a recent Jupiter Research report email marketing is set to grow 75% by 2012, to reach $2.1 billion.
The US Email Marketing Forecast: 2007 - 2012 predicts that email marketers spent $1.2 billion in 2007.
"E-mail service providers have done a solid job of standardizing feedback loops with Internet service providers and are continuing to make needed improvements in e-mail delivery," said David Daniels, Vice President and Research Director at JupiterResearch. "This will create better opportunities for e-mail marketing, although marketers will have to work harder to remain relevant in their communications with their intended audiences.
This forecasted increase is a testament to the changes email marketers have made in the past few months. More email marketers are keeping better tabs on responding and unresponding email accounts, they are keeping their unsubscription lists clean and are contacting users with a welcome-type message before any marketing emails are sent.
By keeping up better communication skills, marketers are creating a relationship with consumers, who are looking forward to learning about special offers, sales and discounts.
While marketers are sending out more email communications, so will spammers. Spam messages are expected to increase, however, the number of spam messages actually reaching consumer inboxes will not increase.
Tags: email marketing
- Ecommerce Roundup: As digital increases, so does fraud
- Survey: Health Lifestyle grabs consumer interest
- Alibaba forms alliance with big brands to fight counterfeiting
- Expert: What marketers need to know about RegTech
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...