News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Holiday Dashboard allows marketers to predict shopping revenue
With Cyber Monday bringing in $4 billion online, many marketers are hopeful that a better holiday shopping season is afoot. I you're curious about how your online ad campaigns are performing so far this holiday season, look no farther that PM Digital's new Holiday Dashboard. The tool that tracks how campaigns are performing now and will even predict - based on prior years - how your revenue will shape up for this shopping season.
The dashboard works by tracking data obtained from October 1st through December 31st. It also tracks into January for online marketers whose fiscal calendar runs through January. Marketers can use the data to contrast revenue from 2006 to 2007.
"Online retailers' focus from January to October is the holiday season," said Suzy Sandberg, president of PM Digital (via MediaPost). "Every dollar that they spend is trying to make an impact on those 6 weeks--because for many of them, that's where 35% of their overall revenue comes from."
In addition, marketers can track key performance indicators (KPIs) with to-date and prior year revenue numbers to help predict demand for different products. Marketers can also create bidding strategies for their campaigns.
By tracking how campaigns are performing for the year and year over year, marketers have a better chance of correcting slow areas for an overall improved Q4 revenue status.
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...