News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Holiday Dashboard allows marketers to predict shopping revenue
With Cyber Monday bringing in $4 billion online, many marketers are hopeful that a better holiday shopping season is afoot. I you're curious about how your online ad campaigns are performing so far this holiday season, look no farther that PM Digital's new Holiday Dashboard. The tool that tracks how campaigns are performing now and will even predict - based on prior years - how your revenue will shape up for this shopping season.
The dashboard works by tracking data obtained from October 1st through December 31st. It also tracks into January for online marketers whose fiscal calendar runs through January. Marketers can use the data to contrast revenue from 2006 to 2007.
"Online retailers' focus from January to October is the holiday season," said Suzy Sandberg, president of PM Digital (via MediaPost). "Every dollar that they spend is trying to make an impact on those 6 weeks--because for many of them, that's where 35% of their overall revenue comes from."
In addition, marketers can track key performance indicators (KPIs) with to-date and prior year revenue numbers to help predict demand for different products. Marketers can also create bidding strategies for their campaigns.
By tracking how campaigns are performing for the year and year over year, marketers have a better chance of correcting slow areas for an overall improved Q4 revenue status.
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...