News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Teens research online, buy offline
Online marketers may be missing the boat with the teen set. According to a recent study from the Online Testing eXchange and eCrush, teens aren't buying online.
Researchers found that teens do turn to the Internet for research, or at least the Internet is where they find out about hot new products. However, when it comes time to buy, teens stick with their favorite haunt: the mall. Of the teens studies, 95% said they preferred shopping in malls rather than through catalogs or online venues.
Although teens aren't buying online, they do spend a lot of hours with the Internet. The study found that 65% of the teens surveyed find out about new products first online. About 62% said they found out about new products from friends, 54% found out from television ads 48% credited magazine ads with finding new products.
"People think about teens and the Internet, and get this idea that's where they spend all their waking hours, and it's just not true," says Bruce Friend, president for media and entertainment insights for Online Testing eXchange.
This is the reason marketers need to incorporate all aspects of shopping - catalog/online and in-store - in advertising campaigns. Though teens may not buy online, there is no denying the fact that teens have a lot of expendable cash. Offering them a place online to research a product could help their buying decisions once in the store.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...