News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Product tours increase sales conversion rates
A recent study by Coremetrics, on behalf of SellPoint Inc., discovered that on-demand video tours of products can greatly increase sales conversion rates.
Providing consumers with the ability to scrutinize and evaluate a product increases the chances of making a sale.
Using data collected from a shopper study on CompUSA, a website that features brands including Epson, Canon and Panasonic, Coremetrics found that using SellPoint’s video and audio on-demand product tours produced a 35 percent uplift in the sales conversion rate.
“As marketers look to grow their investments to engage customers with rich media and video, they’re consistently looking for services that deliver attractive ROIs and grow the top line,” said John Squire of Coremetrics.
The study also discovered that online shoppers were engaged for, on average, around 2.5 minutes watching an on-demand video product tour.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...