News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nine ways to increase customer loyalty
Customer care, reward programs and regular communications do help gain your customer’s loyalty, but they aren’t the be all and end all.
Many online companies have put in place relationship management processes and have tightened up their feedback channels, email response and timings. However, is this enough to ensure the best possible rate of customer loyalty?
Not according to Kyle LaMalfa of CRM buyer, who recommends the following nine principles be put in to practice:
1. Know your customer’s expectations and meet them – satisfaction being the difference between expectations and the service received.
2. Don’t rely on points or rewards programs to increase loyalty, their effect is not long term.
3. Address complaints and turn them in to opportunities to further benefit your business.
4. Engage your customers – two-way dialogue promotes engagement and actively participating consumers often become your advocates.
5. Increase opportunities for repeat business by analyzing your customer’s previous purchases and offering complementary products.
6. Encourage feedback and survey your customers so that the data can be used to identify issues that need resolving.
7. Centralize your feedback using technology to collate a base of information that can be referenced when making business decisions.
8. Link business outcomes to loyalty and engagement.
9. Predict future loyalty using a variety of statistical techniques.
LaMalfa's more detailed recommendations can be read on the CRM Buyer website.
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
- Reports show what worked and didn't over Thanksgiving
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...