News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nine ways to increase customer loyalty
Customer care, reward programs and regular communications do help gain your customer’s loyalty, but they aren’t the be all and end all.
Many online companies have put in place relationship management processes and have tightened up their feedback channels, email response and timings. However, is this enough to ensure the best possible rate of customer loyalty?
Not according to Kyle LaMalfa of CRM buyer, who recommends the following nine principles be put in to practice:
1. Know your customer’s expectations and meet them – satisfaction being the difference between expectations and the service received.
2. Don’t rely on points or rewards programs to increase loyalty, their effect is not long term.
3. Address complaints and turn them in to opportunities to further benefit your business.
4. Engage your customers – two-way dialogue promotes engagement and actively participating consumers often become your advocates.
5. Increase opportunities for repeat business by analyzing your customer’s previous purchases and offering complementary products.
6. Encourage feedback and survey your customers so that the data can be used to identify issues that need resolving.
7. Centralize your feedback using technology to collate a base of information that can be referenced when making business decisions.
8. Link business outcomes to loyalty and engagement.
9. Predict future loyalty using a variety of statistical techniques.
LaMalfa's more detailed recommendations can be read on the CRM Buyer website.
- Omnichannel retail strategy key to SME success
- UK: Post-Brexit sees rise in overseas online orders
- Study: Time spent with top 100 apps up 10%
- Report: Best practices for loyalty programs
- Expert: How ad blocking is affecting brands now
- Google will penalize mobile websites with pesky pop-ups
- Expert: Brands can recover from endorsement scandal
- Millennials most influenced by family online
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...