News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nine ways to increase customer loyalty
Customer care, reward programs and regular communications do help gain your customer’s loyalty, but they aren’t the be all and end all.
Many online companies have put in place relationship management processes and have tightened up their feedback channels, email response and timings. However, is this enough to ensure the best possible rate of customer loyalty?
Not according to Kyle LaMalfa of CRM buyer, who recommends the following nine principles be put in to practice:
1. Know your customer’s expectations and meet them – satisfaction being the difference between expectations and the service received.
2. Don’t rely on points or rewards programs to increase loyalty, their effect is not long term.
3. Address complaints and turn them in to opportunities to further benefit your business.
4. Engage your customers – two-way dialogue promotes engagement and actively participating consumers often become your advocates.
5. Increase opportunities for repeat business by analyzing your customer’s previous purchases and offering complementary products.
6. Encourage feedback and survey your customers so that the data can be used to identify issues that need resolving.
7. Centralize your feedback using technology to collate a base of information that can be referenced when making business decisions.
8. Link business outcomes to loyalty and engagement.
9. Predict future loyalty using a variety of statistical techniques.
LaMalfa's more detailed recommendations can be read on the CRM Buyer website.
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...