News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nine ways to increase customer loyalty
Customer care, reward programs and regular communications do help gain your customer’s loyalty, but they aren’t the be all and end all.
Many online companies have put in place relationship management processes and have tightened up their feedback channels, email response and timings. However, is this enough to ensure the best possible rate of customer loyalty?
Not according to Kyle LaMalfa of CRM buyer, who recommends the following nine principles be put in to practice:
1. Know your customer’s expectations and meet them – satisfaction being the difference between expectations and the service received.
2. Don’t rely on points or rewards programs to increase loyalty, their effect is not long term.
3. Address complaints and turn them in to opportunities to further benefit your business.
4. Engage your customers – two-way dialogue promotes engagement and actively participating consumers often become your advocates.
5. Increase opportunities for repeat business by analyzing your customer’s previous purchases and offering complementary products.
6. Encourage feedback and survey your customers so that the data can be used to identify issues that need resolving.
7. Centralize your feedback using technology to collate a base of information that can be referenced when making business decisions.
8. Link business outcomes to loyalty and engagement.
9. Predict future loyalty using a variety of statistical techniques.
LaMalfa's more detailed recommendations can be read on the CRM Buyer website.
- Nielsen: Generations bucking preconceived notions of behavior
- Study reveals shopping habits not influenced by Black Friday flash sales
- Study: Shoppers plan to spend more, save more this holiday
- How to respond to bad reviews
- Top tips for a better 2016 IT strategy
- Click-and-collect drives additional in-store sales
- Oxford Dictionaries announces 'word of the year' and it is not a word
- Last-minute shopping on the rise during holiday season
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...