News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social networking sites hard to monetize
Making money from social networking sites could be a lot harder than imagined and would be a real turn-off for users, according to a new study by Parks Associates.
Almost three quarters (72 percent) of 18-25 year old users of social networking sites would discontinue using a site if a fee of just $2 was introduced, found the study titled “Digital Media Habits II”.
What consumers say and what they actually do aren’t always the same. For some, the websites are a second life and I would imagine it would take a hefty charge for them to abandon their daily habit and hundreds of online friends.
Forty percent said they would stop using the site if advertising was too heavy, posing a problem for site owners as this is currently the only way of monetizing social networking.
Apart from users aversion to intrusive advertising and subscription fees, social networking sites tend to attract a broad range of demographics making it harder to sell to advertisers. "Sites aren't able to sell a hodgepodge mix of consumers for very much," said John Barrett, director of research at Parks Associates.
"It's one size fits nobody."
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
- Study: Finance, saving important to Millenials
- Survey: More consumers want to be paperless
- Survey IDS when customers will share personal data
- Bing: Voice searches for hotels up 343% YoY
- Top 5 tips to take business paperless
- Snap Ads spend rises 593% QoQ
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...