News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
US users consumed 3 hours of online video in July
The timing has never been better for online video advertising. That is because, according to a new report from comScore, US viewers watched about 3 hours of online video in July.
Considering most video clips are less than three minutes, that is a huge assortment of viewing possibilities - and a lot of advertising opportunities as three in every four online adults watched a video clip.
Americans downloaded more than 9 billion videos during the month of July, primarily from Google sites. Google video platforms accounted for more than 2.5 billion (27%) streams during the counting period, most of those clips were watched via YouTube. The closest competitors were Yahoo which accounted for 390 million streams (4%) and Fox, accounting for 298 million streams (3%). Viacom ranked fourth with 280 million streams.
Here are a few other notes of interest to marketers. One in every three viewers watched a video via Google's YouTube platform, with most streams lasting about two minutes. comScore researchers estimate that each viewer watched 68 individual videos during the counting period, an average of two streams each day.
What are users viewing online? Primarily news clips, according to research, but UGC videos are quickly gaining in popularity. These viral clips are growing in scope as users continue to share their favorite clips with friends through social networking platforms.
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
- How to build loyalty through games
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...