News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
US users consumed 3 hours of online video in July
The timing has never been better for online video advertising. That is because, according to a new report from comScore, US viewers watched about 3 hours of online video in July.
Considering most video clips are less than three minutes, that is a huge assortment of viewing possibilities - and a lot of advertising opportunities as three in every four online adults watched a video clip.
Americans downloaded more than 9 billion videos during the month of July, primarily from Google sites. Google video platforms accounted for more than 2.5 billion (27%) streams during the counting period, most of those clips were watched via YouTube. The closest competitors were Yahoo which accounted for 390 million streams (4%) and Fox, accounting for 298 million streams (3%). Viacom ranked fourth with 280 million streams.
Here are a few other notes of interest to marketers. One in every three viewers watched a video via Google's YouTube platform, with most streams lasting about two minutes. comScore researchers estimate that each viewer watched 68 individual videos during the counting period, an average of two streams each day.
What are users viewing online? Primarily news clips, according to research, but UGC videos are quickly gaining in popularity. These viral clips are growing in scope as users continue to share their favorite clips with friends through social networking platforms.
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...