News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Boomers increasingly turn to PC, phone
Advertisers who are sticking with traditional media in the hopes of turning more Boomer consumers into buyers could be making a fundamental mistake. According to a recent study, instead of turning to television or newspapers, Boomers are increasingly turning to their computers and phones to find product information.
According to the study, Baby Boomers said they are spending less time each week reading books and newspapers than they were six months ago. At the same time, the group says they are spending more time on their computers and using their cell phones. Listening to music, watching television and using the Internet have remained at a steady consumption rate.
While these study results aren't earth-shattering, they do show a new trend for the Boomer generation: the trend of technology. With more Boomers using computers and cell phones regularly and, at the minimum, using the Internet at a steady rate, it makes sense to take some of advertising dollars online.
The other interesting finding is that radio continues to be a steady source of information for the Boomer generation. When asked about their media consumption in the coming six months, most Boomers said they would continue to listen to the radio. They also expressed an interest in Internet radio and podcasts as information mediums.
- Is your branded content memorable?
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
- Study: Finance, saving important to Millenials
- Survey: More consumers want to be paperless
- Survey IDS when customers will share personal data
- Bing: Voice searches for hotels up 343% YoY
- Top 5 tips to take business paperless
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...