News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Quarter of U.S. adults visit local TV websites
Around one in four U.S. adults have visited a local television website in the past month, according to a new study, and that figure is expected to rise over the next year.
Over 118,000 adults across 88 markets were surveyed for The Media Audit’s study, during the period January, 2006 to April, 2007. The findings showed that 27 percent had visited their local television station’s website in the last 30 days.
“Television…stations have been putting renewed effort into their websites, and it is paying off,” said. “Across the nation 73% of adults are going online. With 27% going to local TV websites, this means that nearly 40% of internet users are visiting their local TV websites,” said Bob Jordan, President of The Media Audit, who also predicts that figure to rise over the next year.
The top five markets were Raleigh-Durham, N.C. with 49.7 percent of adults visiting local TV Web sites, followed by Tulsa, Oklahoma (41.6 percent), Denver (40.8 percent) Columbia, S.C. (39.5 percent) and Little Rock, Arkansas (39.4 percent).
“Generally, it is the markets with the highest internet penetration that have the highest percent of TV website visitors,” said Jim Higginbotham, cofounder and head of research for The Media Audit. “It makes sense that if a market has a strong orientation to the internet, then the TV stations will do well.”
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
- Drama, inane ramblings and parents turn teens off Facebook
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...