News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Quarter of U.S. adults visit local TV websites
Around one in four U.S. adults have visited a local television website in the past month, according to a new study, and that figure is expected to rise over the next year.
Over 118,000 adults across 88 markets were surveyed for The Media Audit’s study, during the period January, 2006 to April, 2007. The findings showed that 27 percent had visited their local television station’s website in the last 30 days.
“Television…stations have been putting renewed effort into their websites, and it is paying off,” said. “Across the nation 73% of adults are going online. With 27% going to local TV websites, this means that nearly 40% of internet users are visiting their local TV websites,” said Bob Jordan, President of The Media Audit, who also predicts that figure to rise over the next year.
The top five markets were Raleigh-Durham, N.C. with 49.7 percent of adults visiting local TV Web sites, followed by Tulsa, Oklahoma (41.6 percent), Denver (40.8 percent) Columbia, S.C. (39.5 percent) and Little Rock, Arkansas (39.4 percent).
“Generally, it is the markets with the highest internet penetration that have the highest percent of TV website visitors,” said Jim Higginbotham, cofounder and head of research for The Media Audit. “It makes sense that if a market has a strong orientation to the internet, then the TV stations will do well.”
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...