News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pew: Broadband gap will be hard to close
More users in the US are signing on to get broadband Internet every day. But according to recent research from the Pew Internet & American Life Project, the gap of those who have broadband access now and those who do not have broadband access will be hard to close over the coming years.
According to the report, 47% of Americans have broadband access. That is an increase from only 24% in 2003. Though broadband penetration is expected to surpass 50% this year, there is a large portion of the population that does not have broadband access now and also shows no indication that they will have aces in the future.
Still there are inroads that will make broadband access more easy to get for many Americans. City and county governments are making it a priority to improve the infrastructure in rural areas so that users who live outside the city limit have broadband access.
According to the report, "More competition, lower prices and greater availability of faster infrastructure will be welcomed by American consumers." The report goes on to say, though, that those who don't have broadband access now don't know what they are missing, and therefore aren't pushing for better online access.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...