News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pew: Broadband gap will be hard to close
More users in the US are signing on to get broadband Internet every day. But according to recent research from the Pew Internet & American Life Project, the gap of those who have broadband access now and those who do not have broadband access will be hard to close over the coming years.
According to the report, 47% of Americans have broadband access. That is an increase from only 24% in 2003. Though broadband penetration is expected to surpass 50% this year, there is a large portion of the population that does not have broadband access now and also shows no indication that they will have aces in the future.
Still there are inroads that will make broadband access more easy to get for many Americans. City and county governments are making it a priority to improve the infrastructure in rural areas so that users who live outside the city limit have broadband access.
According to the report, "More competition, lower prices and greater availability of faster infrastructure will be welcomed by American consumers." The report goes on to say, though, that those who don't have broadband access now don't know what they are missing, and therefore aren't pushing for better online access.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...