News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
MySpace launches mobile platform
The Internet's top social network is launching a new, mobile space. The move could solidify MySpace's place in the social realm, much like Google has been crowned the king of the search realm.
The platform allows users to post to blogs, upload pictures, interact with friends, send mail and other social functions all from a mobile phone or handheld device. It is free to users and ad-supported. Fox Interactive Media (FIM), which oversees MySpace, has several more initiatives in the works for the coming months.
"Accessing the Internet from a mobile phone will soon be as common as text-messaging and voice calling, and it's FIM's goal to deliver these new free, ad-supported experiences," said John Smelzer, senior vice president and general manager of mobile at Fox Interactive.
According to the most recent report from Nielsen//NetRatings, MySpace has solid control of the social space, logging more than 60 million unique users in August. That is a 23% increase year over year. Researchers also found that social networking teens who are exclusive users of MySpace spend about 331 minutes online in the social space per month. Users who exclusively use competitor Facebook spend only about 74 minutes online in the social space per month.
- Top 3 annoyances for mobile shoppers
- Study: Black Millennials betting on themselves
- Top 3 tips to take Valentine's strategies year-round
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
Featured White Papers
- Device of Choice for Online Shoppers & Buyers
Did you know that men shop and buy from mobile devices more than women? Being aware of nuances like this...
- 5 'Must Have' Tactics For Your 2016 Digital Marketing Plan
What are the 5 "must have" tactics that experts agree can help everyone's 2016 digital marketing?...
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....