News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
MySpace launches mobile platform
The Internet's top social network is launching a new, mobile space. The move could solidify MySpace's place in the social realm, much like Google has been crowned the king of the search realm.
The platform allows users to post to blogs, upload pictures, interact with friends, send mail and other social functions all from a mobile phone or handheld device. It is free to users and ad-supported. Fox Interactive Media (FIM), which oversees MySpace, has several more initiatives in the works for the coming months.
"Accessing the Internet from a mobile phone will soon be as common as text-messaging and voice calling, and it's FIM's goal to deliver these new free, ad-supported experiences," said John Smelzer, senior vice president and general manager of mobile at Fox Interactive.
According to the most recent report from Nielsen//NetRatings, MySpace has solid control of the social space, logging more than 60 million unique users in August. That is a 23% increase year over year. Researchers also found that social networking teens who are exclusive users of MySpace spend about 331 minutes online in the social space per month. Users who exclusively use competitor Facebook spend only about 74 minutes online in the social space per month.
- Personal data: Lack of trust could hinder business growth
- 'Digiboomers' neglected by marketers
- UK: Pureplay online sales will exceed multichannel retailers' this year
- Report: Brands need to up their content focus
- Report shows shoppers want retail everywhere
- Report: Cash still top American payment method
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Nation Online - The Next Era
Ready for the year's most innovative online conference for marketers? Join us on Wednesday, September 2nd from 9:30am - 1:00pm...