News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
MySpace launches mobile platform
The Internet's top social network is launching a new, mobile space. The move could solidify MySpace's place in the social realm, much like Google has been crowned the king of the search realm.
The platform allows users to post to blogs, upload pictures, interact with friends, send mail and other social functions all from a mobile phone or handheld device. It is free to users and ad-supported. Fox Interactive Media (FIM), which oversees MySpace, has several more initiatives in the works for the coming months.
"Accessing the Internet from a mobile phone will soon be as common as text-messaging and voice calling, and it's FIM's goal to deliver these new free, ad-supported experiences," said John Smelzer, senior vice president and general manager of mobile at Fox Interactive.
According to the most recent report from Nielsen//NetRatings, MySpace has solid control of the social space, logging more than 60 million unique users in August. That is a 23% increase year over year. Researchers also found that social networking teens who are exclusive users of MySpace spend about 331 minutes online in the social space per month. Users who exclusively use competitor Facebook spend only about 74 minutes online in the social space per month.
- Google's HTTPS ranking signal has little to no effect
- 'Huge landmark' as ecommerce mobile traffic overtakes desktop
- Happy birthday, email! Now, what can you do for me?
- Poll: Phone fraud tops $8 billion mark in America
- Webtrends: Top 3 tips to improve online bookings
- Driving website traffic revealed as retailers' biggest challenge
- Revenues from tablet games to triple in next five years
- Marketers must react to changing consumer behavior caused by technology
Featured White Papers
- Expert Panel: Brand Strategists Answer Top 5 Social Questions
During SXSW Interactive, we gathered a team of five leading brand strategists to answer the five most pressing social questions...
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...