News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
MySpace launches mobile platform
The Internet's top social network is launching a new, mobile space. The move could solidify MySpace's place in the social realm, much like Google has been crowned the king of the search realm.
The platform allows users to post to blogs, upload pictures, interact with friends, send mail and other social functions all from a mobile phone or handheld device. It is free to users and ad-supported. Fox Interactive Media (FIM), which oversees MySpace, has several more initiatives in the works for the coming months.
"Accessing the Internet from a mobile phone will soon be as common as text-messaging and voice calling, and it's FIM's goal to deliver these new free, ad-supported experiences," said John Smelzer, senior vice president and general manager of mobile at Fox Interactive.
According to the most recent report from Nielsen//NetRatings, MySpace has solid control of the social space, logging more than 60 million unique users in August. That is a 23% increase year over year. Researchers also found that social networking teens who are exclusive users of MySpace spend about 331 minutes online in the social space per month. Users who exclusively use competitor Facebook spend only about 74 minutes online in the social space per month.
- Snapchat beats Facebook for daily video views
- Global study reveals 'authenticity deficit' among brands
- Report: Video is video regardless of screen
- Study: US mobile app experience low
- Top 4 tips to succeed at Mother's Day email
- Ad Roundup: New solutions for personalization, collaboration
- How brands can better manage social
- How data impacts marketing automation
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...