News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Local online ad spend to reach $2.8 billion
A recent forecast from eMarketer has the local online advertising spend reaching $2.8 billion in 2007. That is about 13% of the total US online ad spend, up only about 1% from 2006 levels. Local websites - both traditional media and user-generated content sites - are driving these local sales.
"The promise of local online advertising, at this stage, surpasses the reality," said David Hallerman, eMarketer senior analyst and author of the report called "Local Online Advertising: Measuring the Market".
By 2008, local online advertising will reach $4.6 billion and by 2009 will reach $5.6 billion. The report found that by 2011 the local online ad spend is expected to reach $7.8 billion, just over 32% of the total online spend.
According to the report, the burgeoning market of small to mid-size businesses advertising on a local level, the increasing number of locally geared websites, local search and local online ad networks will drive the increased spending.
The forecast goes on to predict that local online ads will account for just one-third or less of the total online spend by US advertisers by 2011. However, online spending will account for well over 7% of the local ads purchased and created.
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...