News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Local online ad spend to reach $2.8 billion
A recent forecast from eMarketer has the local online advertising spend reaching $2.8 billion in 2007. That is about 13% of the total US online ad spend, up only about 1% from 2006 levels. Local websites - both traditional media and user-generated content sites - are driving these local sales.
"The promise of local online advertising, at this stage, surpasses the reality," said David Hallerman, eMarketer senior analyst and author of the report called "Local Online Advertising: Measuring the Market".
By 2008, local online advertising will reach $4.6 billion and by 2009 will reach $5.6 billion. The report found that by 2011 the local online ad spend is expected to reach $7.8 billion, just over 32% of the total online spend.
According to the report, the burgeoning market of small to mid-size businesses advertising on a local level, the increasing number of locally geared websites, local search and local online ad networks will drive the increased spending.
The forecast goes on to predict that local online ads will account for just one-third or less of the total online spend by US advertisers by 2011. However, online spending will account for well over 7% of the local ads purchased and created.
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...