News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
College students have a huge online video habit
The general population may just now be venturing into online video, but a recent report from SurveyU indicates that college students are consuming far more than the general population. A fact that marketers may want to capitalize on now - rather than later.
The report compares results from a recent SurveyU study with results from a recent Pew Internet/American Life Project study. The researchers found that about 93% of the college student demographic (ages 18-24) have watched online video; about 57% of the general adult Internet population has watched videos online. They also found that about 62% of college students download at least one online video each day; only about 19% of adults do so.
Dan Coates, co-founder of SurveyU said, "When it comes to online video, college students have advanced beyond the rest of the Internet population and are fully engaged in the complete
online video lifecycle: downloading videos, rating content, posting comments, publishing video links and uploading their own videos.”
The student demographic isn't just watching, however. They are sharing videos with friends, creating their own viral videos and making recommendations to others. This makes them a key demographic for marketers. With so much of the target demographic already tapped in, it makes sense to continue - or increase - the number of video campaigns targeted to college students.
- Is your branded content memorable?
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
- Study: Finance, saving important to Millenials
- Survey: More consumers want to be paperless
- Survey IDS when customers will share personal data
- Bing: Voice searches for hotels up 343% YoY
- Top 5 tips to take business paperless
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...