News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
British regional newspapers embrace online
More and more regional newspapers in the U.K. are going online with their own websites, according to a survey by the Newspaper Society.
Around 40 million people in the U.K. read a printed local newspaper. That’s more than the number of unique visitors to the BBC’s website each month and not far behind the most popular websites in the U.K. such as Google, eBay and MSN.
“Growth in local newspaper websites means they now collectively represent one of the top UK online properties, attracting an estimated 20m unique users a month - which would put it above the BBC, alongside Yahoo! and within striking distance of Ebay, MSN and Google," said Newspaper Society president Russell Whitehair.
Regional press in the U.K. relied on print ads for almost 95 percent of all advertising and sponsorship during 2006, said the survey.
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...